Who Invented Panty Hose?

I had to buy panty hose yesterday for this trip, or competition, or whatever you want to call this venture. I told my friends this morning, I had no idea there were so many brands and styles and colors. I didn't even know where they would be in the store. I kept looking around for those little eggs. Remember how they used to come in those eggs? Yeah, not any more. At least I never saw any eggs. Plus you have to be careful with the coloring. You don't want to be too white and you don't want to be too orange. I also don't get why some of the hose are footless? Can anyone explain that?

I am not sure why I dislike panty hose so much. My mom made me wear stockings a lot growing up. They bothered me because the seam always came across the top of my toes. It drove me nuts. One Sunday morning she got soo tired of me complaining she jerked the seam out and cut the stockings just so my toes would stick out and said "shove your feet in your shoes and don't you dare take your feet out of those shoes and show people." I am sure I secretly showed my grandmother but I don't really remember.

Grandmother always gives me panty hose. Isn't that strange? I have all these packages of panty hose she has given me. I don't really know why she does that. And I have never worn them, I don't even know what color they are. She also always sends me handkerchiefs. I have lots of them. But honestly I love them, I think every lady should carry a handkerchief in case she starts sweating. Am I saying that I am a lady? No. We all know I am not. But I do think that it is better to use a handkerchief in the summer rather than a napkin when you are at a party and sweating.

So according to Wikipedia, a man invented panty hose. No kidding? Only a man would be dumb enough to invent something that is absolutely a pain in the butt to wear. Seriously they are a pain to wear. Just getting them on. You have to scrunch them down and slowly put one foot in and then the other and then oh so carefully inch them up your leg. And not in some sexy way for all you males that might read this. But in a way in which you are holding your breath so that you don't break the damn things. Know what I mean?

Anyway if any of you need to have a laugh this week, just picture me all dressed up in a suit, with my short silky sheer "in the buff" or "travel buff" (depending on which I wear) legs and HIGH HEELS.......

Comments

Anonymous said…
the toe less are for peep toes. all I want are some that don't come up to my arm pits.
Anonymous said…
I absolutely HATE panty hose, but I got a really funny e-mail today about them. How many farm animals can you fit in your panty hose?...........
10 little piggies, 2 calves and 1 ass! There was one more, but I am not going to mention it on here, it was kind of ugly. So just use your imagination! Oh and "Bless Your Heart" for having to wear them!! And wouldn't you know that only a man would invent such horrible things! You know a man invented the Bra too! (ugh)

Popular Posts