I am behind on the times...

This evening I got a phone call from some of my favorite Aunties and a cousin that are down at the beach having a glorious time without me. My aunts have this drinking and dialing problem. In fact they lovingly asked for the name and telephone number of the judge that came at me like a pit bull this week. Preciate' the support, but no I didn't give them her name or number. They are sitting around drinking good wine and listening to some good music as I write this and I miss them!!!!

My aunt gave me a date in the spring to put on my calender for her grandson's first birthday. She said "oh its going to be a good time, we are having a big party and getting a keg." I said woah wait just a minute, a keg? Yep a keg. I said "I thought you were suppossed to have clowns and such when a kid turns one", apparently I am wayyy behind on the times.

This reminded me that earlier this week someone mentioned having a "sip and see" party when a baby is born. You sip wine and look at the baby. I am sorry, but ah liability? No really I don't want to sip and see, if I come to see your baby I want to hold that bundle of joy. Forget looking and seeing. And if I ever have a kid, I don't want people getting all liquored up and then wanting to hold my baby. Dumb idea all the way around.

In fact as far as baby and wedding showers go, one of my aunts had the most brilliant idea once. (She happens to be one of the aunts that called tonight. Her name is Aunt P. I hope that is anonymous enough.) Anyway she said that they should start having drive through showers. You pull up, hand the present over, they give you punch and petifores and you are on the way. You don't have to listen to bullshit about so and so's grandchildren and you don't have to tell bullshit about your own life. Seriously, the conversations are always "Well, how is the family?" And for some reason people can't just say they are well, how is yours? They have to tell you every single detail, and then you feel like you have to do the same.

Now don't get me wrong if I get married I want some showers. Basically I want to register. Actually not too long ago I registered at Pottery Barn Kids just for fun, well actually a certain person I know that works there asked me to do it to fulfill quota for the day. But it was a blast, and I registered for all sorts of stuff, in fact I think I am still registered. I kind of got into it. Anyway think about the drive through shower for minute, brilliant idea. If it were up to me, this would be the wave of the future......

Comments

Anonymous said…
Katie,
This is your "ananymous" two aunties and your cousin bloggin' you back. Are you sayin' yo' family is dysfunctional? I mean, a keg isn't normal to have at a one-year-old's birthday party?...Oh, just wait til' yo' child's first birthday party. We gon' have cake and ice cream -- Do you really wanna' eat that shit??? I don't know bout' you, but instead of a clown, we'll take a Miller Lite..... and about those drive through showers, we had a revision to the idea. Instead of them "petifers and punch", we vote for ba-ba-que' pork skins and beer.... from the Bradshaw family with love!

Popular Posts