Let Go and Delete

I am officially writing to you from my own computer. That's right! It is officially up and running again, with the help of some very technically inclined law students. I appreciate their help. I could have spent a little more money and had the Geek Squad or whatever they are called, get this thing running in a lot shorter time period. I guess I should have done that, but I now have a lot of knowledge about computers, which I am sure will be valuable in the future.

Anyway, my birthday was this week. I am now either in my late 20's or still in my mid-20's depending on who you ask. I had a great birthday week, and I received some hilarious cards in the mail. I appreciate all the birthday wishes. This year on my birthday I really concentrated on my birthday wish while blowing out my candles. Do any of you really make a real wish? I think I kind of prayed and wished at the same time. I don't really remember anything I wished for in the past. Actually, I may have wished for the same thing last year, it didn't happen if that is the case. But I really focused this year, so we shall see.

A little mariachi band sang happy birthday to me this year, and I then made them play "Guantanemaro." I honestly ride around a listen to a live Celia Cruz version of that song. Luckily, I saved that one on my iPod. Did I mention the fact that I lost my entire music collection with my computer crash? Complete bummer. And just so you know iTunes will not give you back all the songs you purchased from them. Although I saved most on my iPod and some on CD's, I lost a lot. Plus the fact that you can't take songs off your iPod and put back on your computer, they are really smart people that create this stuff.

In fact, one of my friends gave me some iTunes money so that I could start buying back my collection. I think he knew I was going to loose my collection, and I appreciate his gift. But this morning when I went to buy back this one particular album, iTunes politely reminded me that I had already bought that album. Thanks iTunes for reminding me, I have been sick about it. I really wanted to email them 'preciate it. I didn't though, and I decided to buy completely new music. Well not completely knew music, just an album I didn't have from this one group.

I have had a lot of things going on in life over the last several months. So, not only am I taking this time to re-boot my computer, but as a time to re-boot my attitude on life. I am not starting over from scratch, I am just taking a different attitude on the cards that have been dealt me. Most of the files I have fretted over loosing, and some of the music I have fretted over loosing, I haven't listened to in a while. I was just keeping it around "in case," you know, in case I wanted to remember certain things, or who really knows why. You know that "in case" stuff, I doubt I am the only person who keeps that kind of stuff.

Sometimes too much "in case" stuff will start to make things really cloudy and gray, and you forget that sometimes you need to let go and delete. That doesn't mean getting rid of friends, or significant others, or totally changing your life, it just means that you should by a new album from the same artist -look at the things you really love in a new light. Sound scary? Just so you know I am loving this new album! Let go, delete, reboot, re-install, things run smoother, trust me.

Comments

Anonymous said…
so, so true Ctr-Alt-Delete is good for many facets in life!

Popular Posts