I Was Tagged

I have been tagged. So I have to answer these questions. I decided to just expand on one answer in each category.

What Was I Doing Ten Years Ago?

I was a sophomore in high school, I think. I was 16, I do know that. Turning 16 is the most life changing age. I say this as I fear turning 30, sorry for those people that are 30. I just grew up with lots of older cousins, and I thought they were so cool. And I just knew as a kid that my life would look completely different than it actually does at this age. My thoughts and ambitions were based upon my cousins' lives and accomplishments. They are all so successful and all of them are married with children, except for me, and the youngest one. I have never told anyone this, and you are all going to laugh at me. But when I was in third grade all my older cousins were in college and they would give me their KD t-shirts that they didn't like, and their Sigma Chi shirts. I thought I was the coolest kid on the block. I would secretly pretend in my head that I was in college. This only lasted through the third grade, but its about all I remember from the third grade. Anyway, I think 16 is the age of freedom. Although my dad threatened to put a red bow on my car so people would know it was me on the road and they could pull off into the ditch until after I had passed. Unfortunately, I still kind of drive like that.

Five Things on My To-Do List Today:

So to shorten this, I went to the grocery store today for the first time in weeks. The actual grocery store. I usually just buy the few things I need to sustain life at Walgreens. They know me at Walgreens, really well. Somehow I spent fifty dollars at the real grocery store. I don't understand how that happens, I even used my super saver card. If you can explain that let me know. The rest of the day...I guess you could say was a "Katie" day.

Five Snacks I Enjoy:

I love homemade guacamole dip. My cousin Kate taught me how to make it several years ago. I eat it for dinner sometimes. In fact, that is what I ate this evening. I also eat trail mix when I am studying, but only the nuts and dried fruit kind.

Five Things I would Do If I Were a Billionaire:

I kind of think this is a dumb question. Really I do. I would help people, invest, maybe buy an orphanage. I personally would probably spend a lot of time trying to act like I wasn't a billionaire...take that for what you will.

Five Bad Habits: I think I am going to just leave this one, in list format. I am sure that some people will have comments about this list.

1. Procrastination

2. Putting all my invitations in a big pile and forgetting to RSVP

3. Not sitting still - I am constantly doing something. I got bored and built a table for my grill. I paint pictures of old women. Actually my mom secretly took a bunch of my paintings to one of those places that takes donations for the poor. So, a couple weeks later she sends me this picture message on my phone. It was of one of my paintings that used to hang in our house. She called me and was laughing. She said I am in this antique store, and then starts telling me she gave my pictures away. I am angry at this point. She is still laughing and says, but you will not believe it. The picture is in this antique booth and is on sale for $15. I started screaming for her to buy it back because I felt violated. She said she wasn't about to spend $15 on it. Some man even walked by while she was taking the picture and said "You actually like that?" For the record, it eventually sold.

4. Not always eating very healthy

5. Texting - a lot

Five Places I Have Lived:

Forrest Gump died and went to heaven. St. Peter told him that he was going to need to take a little test in order to enter. The test had three questions, the first question was "what two days in the week begin with the letter "T". Forrest thought for a while and he said "well, today and tomorrow of course!"

I think this question is sort of like that. Sometimes I live in my head, and sometimes in my heart, and sometimes in my writing, and sometimes when I am with my friends and listening to them and they are listening to me, and sometimes when I am at the beach, and when I take chances, and when I don't, and when I hug someone I care about, and when someone I care about hugs me, and when I pray, and when I ask people to pray for me, and when I pray for others, and most especially when I trust in God to lead me.

Five Jobs I've Had or Have:

St. Peter then said, "Now Forrest the next question is really hard. How many seconds are there in a year?" Forrest had to think for a long time about this one, he finally said "Twelve." St. Peter said "Twelve? How do you figure that?" Forrest said, "January 2nd, Feb. 2nd, March 2nd, April 2nd etc."

So, you want to know what jobs I have had. It was my job to clean up my room, it was my job to do my homework, it was my job to do whatever chores my parents said to do, it was my job to con my dad out of recess money. Everything we do can be considered a job. But I don't want to think of life as one big job. I want to think of life as what am I going to enjoy today and make money at or not make money at. The word job makes me break out in hives.

I Want to Know More About ( a nice way of saying "your tagged")

1. Michelle

2. Natalie

3. Lauren H.

4. Katie T.

5. any one that feels like they need to tell me more about themselves, or anyone that feels like sharing. Whether they have a blog or not. Email, or leave a comment.

Comments

Popular Posts