eHarmony update

After a couple of requests, I have decided to give you an eHarmony update. For those of you that haven't read that post, yes I joined eHarmony, but ONLY to get some other unnamed person to join. Things haven't been going very well on eHarmony. Don't believe that joyful man on the commercials, its not that simple. I haven't exactly seen anyone that I would like to meet.

Actually a couple of weeks ago I managed to be dumped by 18 people in one day. Well your not exactly dumped, but they "closed" their match with me. You have a list of twenty reasons to close a match and I always choose "I think the physical distance between us is too great." I don't always mean that as physical location. And I have closed many matches myself. But it was a shot to my ego to be closed by 18 in a day. Oh, and one of the guys had gone to Olen Mills and had his pictured taken for eHarmony. No, I am not lying. Anyway, I always want to ask for further explanation when they close me for "other" reasons. The Olen Mills guy closed me for "other" reasons? Go figure.

Today I was matched with an "arborist". This did peek my interest. According to Wikipedia an arborist is a tree doctor. That's not a good thing for this guy. My first year, first semester, property exam dealt with a tree doctor and property issue. Sorry buddy, too many bad memories for me to "start communication" with you. Closed him. Oh, and one guy's questions were "How do you feel about pre-marital sex?" and "How physical are you in a relationship?" He couldn't have been anymore obvious about his motives, could he?

My subscription was accidentally renewed for one more month. I forgot to close the subscription. I promise people. I haven't been matched with anyone in about a week until today. So, they sent me four new matches today and an email saying I had been automatically renewed. Then it sent me three more matches to people in my area. Two of them were "hell no's" and one I "started communication" with. I only started communication because I really want to go on one date before everyone leaves after graduation. I think it would be hysterical to have a bunch of people strategically place in the restaurant to watch the date, and take pictures. I would like to document this endeavor of life.

I recently was giving someone relationship advice, for some reason people always like my relationship advice. The funny thing is, I am terrible at relationships. Anyway, I said well I think there is still someone out there for you that is what you are really looking for, and will suit you. This person said "well Katie, I think there is someone out there for you as well, but I think our mates are roommates, in Bangkok or somewhere on the other side of the world." I am not sure, but I am realizing whoever this person is, he isn't on eHarmony....

Comments

thebarronfam said…
You are a hilarious storyteller. Please write a book soon. It would be a best seller!
Anonymous said…
Maybe your match was the snow ball thrower in NY?
Katie B said…
hahaha...maybe it was the snow ball thrower! But I officially cancelled my subscription tonight! For the record.
thebarronfam said…
Here is where you can create a slideshow...
http://www.slide.com/arrange?bc=0&fx=0&tt=16&sk=0&cy=bb&th=0&sc=0

Popular Posts