I Did See the Parthenon...

I am officially a month and two days away from graduating from law school. (that sentence sounds awkward.) You probably think I am extremely excited, I am not. I am realizing I am about to have to go to WORK. Yes, this scares me, and not because work scares me. Its just that I realize I will now be subject to this thing called MALPRACTICE.

Anyway, so to distract myself from thinking about work, I have started watching a lot more of the Travel Channel. In the past I usually just turn on HGTV or Hallmark just to have some noise in my apartment at night. But these days it is the Travel Channel. Someone (I am not sure I can mention her name on here) once told me that she only worked so that she can travel. Therefore, I have decided to focus on my next vacation in order to relieve my stress from the idea of work.

This evening while eating dinner. Pause. Let me say I cooked this weekend, so I ate my third round of ham and egg pie tonight. Anyway, I was watching the "top 10 sexiest beaches in the world". For whatever reason I am just not a person that oozes sex, or sex appeal or whatever you want to call it. I think I have owned one bikini in my life. I was that little chubby kid playing in the water and sand, actually I am still that little chubby kid that plays in the water and sand. So, I wasn't pumped up for any "sexy" beach. I don't quite understand the dental floss bikinis, but whatever. And they were about to exam why some men feel the need to wear speedo's, which is when I decided to turn it off and leave. The last thing I heard was "maybe the beach just raises men's testosterone." I don't know but some people need to think twice.

I will say though I love Samantha Brown. I would take her job any day of the week. She is a little quirky, but so am I. Would you enjoy my take on different travel destinations around the world? Maybe I should make a video and send it to the Travel Channel. "Traveling with Katie B". Yeah, that would be awesome. I would find all the really great hole in the wall restaurants around the world, or the "top 10 beaches for chubby people who like to play in the water and sand."

Or "the best places to go and wear your sweat pants to dinner." Okay I am probably stretching it there, I just love sweat pants. (But only the ones with elastic at the ankle.) Honestly, its just that I really don't like when I am on vacation and I have to get all dressed up for dinner. I have to get dressed up to go to work and school, why should I go on vacation to get dressed up? See what I am saying?

I am one of those people that when faced with the dilemma on vacation of a) taking a tour of some ancient ruin or b) sitting in the local cafe enjoying a great meal and a great drink and looking at the ancient ruin, I will go with B every time. Seriously, when I am on vacation the watch comes off and I am on NO schedule. After all this talk I am suddenly inspired. Hopefully, next time you see me it will be on the episode of "Travels with Katie B" titled "the best place to get a great meal, great wine, in your sweat pants and still say you saw the Parthenon"...

Comments

Kelsey said…
Excellent post! One of your best yet...

However, I want more details on the eHarmony.com situation. Don't keep us in the dark.
Anna said…
happy early birthday! Welcome to the "late 20's" club...hahahha
Unknown said…
I also love the travel channel, and I think you are the only one besides me that likes Samantha Brown. I just love her usuage of adjectives and adverbs.
Rebecca Beers said…
Anna... 26 is NOT late 20s!!! Late 20s does not come until 27, so Katie An has another whole year and I have a measly six months until we are in our "late twenties." Don't make us old hags too soon... right Katie B?
Anonymous said…
Katie you crack me up, you need to find the best beaches for chubby people and I'll meet you there, although I don't condsider you chubby! Oh and Happy Birthday and just think when I was your age I had a 1 year old! I hate to tell you but you are on the up side of the 20's. Time only goes faster from here!!!
Emily Chappell said…
Katie, you can be my tour guide anytime... I'd much rather drink some wine than walk around all day getting blisters on my feet.

Popular Posts