Weekend of Craziness

I have been sitting down to write something for an entire week, but I can't seem to find the time to finish this. I was sick last week, and work was crazy. Yes, I realize I only work at the church, but trust me sometimes it gets busy. I had a productive weekend though, and I thought I would share a little this morning.

I read an article a week or so ago about this family that went for an entire month without spending any money. Well, not spending any money on food. They ate everything in their pantry and freezer for an entire month. I decided on Friday that I would give this a shot, considering that the funds are pretty low in my household. I did a pretty decent job this weekend. I didn't eat out once! Although I did have to go to the grocery store and get milk. I am not sure if that should count. I can't seem to survive without milk. And I had been drinking the same milk several days after the expiration date - I will not tell you how long. I am going to try and keep this up, but I foresee a lot of cream of mushroom, and green beans in my future.

I also cleaned out and vacuumed out my car. This is a big deal. My apartment is clean clean clean, but my car looks like I live in it. This has been a pattern for as long as I have been driving. I tell myself that if I was stranded somewhere in a ditch for a long period of time, I would absolutely survive and be completely entertained. However, on Saturday I finally became really frustrated because I can't seem to find my favorite flip flops. (Anna are they at your house?) I decided that I should clean out my car. I didn't find them. But I did find - my swimming goggles, my swimming cap, some great huggers, some CDs I have been looking everywhere for, a new pair of panty hose, every plastic cup I own, eight new books to read (not library books), and the cause of the smell that has been permeating throughout the car. Don't worry, I shampooed and vacuumed it out.

I also went to a "Goat Roast" this weekend. Saturday night this friend of mine said "I have to go home early because we are having a goat roast at church tomorrow." I did not believe him. He said, "if you don't believe me then come and see for yourself." So, yesterday I went. And sure enough, it was a "Goat Roast and Bluegrass Mass". It was a blast. The bluegrass band was awesome! They even played "The Church In the Wildwood" - which can pretty much only be found in the Cokesbury these days. And yes, I ate goat - tastes like pork. They also had some little cupcakes with candy corn on top - fabulous. It was enough to make me seriously consider defecting my current church....

Comments

The Jernigan's said…
and you crack me up again, it never fails. you found, your swimming googles and swimming cap!!! I love it!!
Anna said…
yeaaaa!!! I'm so proud of you for cleaning out your car! For the people who haven't witnessed it themselves, you did a great job of describing it. I don't have the flip flops, but I do remember seeing the swimming cap and goggles when you were here in July (?) I think!! haha
Anonymous said…
if your car suddenly stops on the interstate,do not be alarmed!. it is because you have taken away its daily source of nourishment. it will adjust and learn to operate off petro just fine.:)

Popular Posts