Last Minute Cheap Halloween Costumes

I totally forgot that I told someone I would tell you how to make cheap Halloween costumes. Then this morning I realized I had to make a costume for tonight - and I remembered. So here you go.

A Bag of M&Ms
Things you will need:
* two black trash bags
* some scissors
* a bag of colored balloons
* some masking tape

How to:
Take the two plastics bags and lay them side by side with the openings facing each other. Take the masking tape and make and M and the & sign on one side and the other M on the other side. Blow up the balloons. Cut out holes at the bottom of the bags for your legs and above the Ms for your arms. Then when you are ready to go put your legs in each hole. Then tape up between start taping the bags together from the inside, but don't completely tape it all up yet. (you can also use stables - carefully) Then stuff the balloons into both sides of the bags. The will begin to lift up. When you have enough balloons - put your arms in and get a friend to finish taping you up. (You can where black tights for special effect.)

A Gumball Machine
Things you will need:
* A big clear plastic trash bag
* A bag of balloons
* Duck tape
* A piece of paper
* A marker
* Red tights - and a red hat if you have one

How to:
Lay the trash bag on the ground with the opening up top. Cut holes in it for your legs. Blow up the balloons. Write on the paper "Gumballs 25 cents". Then take a piece of the duck tape and make it look like where you put in the quarter. Take two pieces and make it look like where the gumball dispenses. Put on red tights and a white shirt. Get inside the trash bag and fill it up with balloons. Gather it up around your neck and tape it. Put on your hat and you are ready to go.

Bubble Bath
Things you will need: (this is slightly more expensive)
* Get one of those big blue tub things you buy to keep children's toys in. They have rope handles on the side.
* A bar of soap
* A saw - or knife
* Hot glue
* Rubber duck
* Bath cloth
* White balloons
* Pink shirt
* Blue jeans
* Safety pins
* Rope or ribbon
*Shower cap

How to:
Cut the bottom out of the tub. Tie the rope or ribbon with the handles to make straps to wear over you shoulders. Hot glue the rubber duck, soap, and bath cloth on the side of the tub. Blow up the white balloons really small and safety pin them to your pink shirt. Put on the shirt and jeans and then put the tub with the straps over your shoulders. The tub should hang down enough so that you look like you are sitting in the bathtub. You can use your own creative genius to add effects to this costume.

I have actually made all of these costumes. It is easy - trust me. The only problem with the first two is going to the bathroom, but you can make it work. Oh and at the end of the night it is really fun to bust open and start throwing our your balloons.

Also, I noticed on my tracker that I have some folks from a couple of other countries reading. Welcome. If you feel comfortable, I would love to know how you found this blog. I am guessing google? For that matter, I would love to know how even people here in the good old U.S. of A found my blog. Anywho - have a Happy Halloween folks! Hope you get lots of treats. Maybe these last minute ideas will help you.

Comments

Anna said…
sooo, what are you going to be this year???
Katie B said…
Either "Gum under the chair" or "A Chance of Rain". What do you think?
Dona said…
I knew you would come through! Thank you so much! I have been checking and sent my husband to wal-mart last night- he came back with 1 sheet- ok, so we have 1 ghost! I was thrilled when I checked and you delivered- a big THANK YOU to you!
Kelsey said…
A chance of rain??? How do you make that?

Popular Posts