My New Theme Song

Do you have a theme song? I love the idea of having a soundtrack to my life, but my "theme song" changes from time to time. For a while it has been Barbara Mandrell's "Sleeping Single In a Double Bed." (I couldn't find her version, but I found a clip from Terri Clark and put it on my playlist.) Its' a great song. However, I have been in the mood to make some changes.

I am trying to decide where I should live, I love being a gypsy nomad. It seems that everyone else is so settled down and know exactly what they want out of life. I don't really have a clue. I am still at that - fly by the seat of your pants kind of thing.

Anyway, I haven't been searching for a new theme song, but I decided to buy the new Dixie Chicks CD. Okay, I realize many people will be turned off by that because of all that they said. Their un-American attitude. And honestly, I am not saying who is right or who is wrong in this fight. But I am just glad that I live in America and we have the right to say our opinion.

And plus, if I stopped listening to good musicians because their political views weren't exactly mine, then I would have a limited supply of music to choose. Hey, I work at a church these days - we can't really be "political" because the church is for "everyone". Open Minds. Open Hearts. Open Doors. Get it?

So, I bought their CD. I put it in and "Long Way Around" was the first song on this album. I don't think any other song has quite described me like this song. I have always taken the long way around, and I am not sure if will ever "settle down". And even if I ever "settle down", I don't have a clue what that looks like for me, but I doubt it will be what others have in mind. And you know what? I am okay with that. If I were settled down and what not, what would you get to read about?

It is funny though, I don't feel like people who have settled down, haven't "lived" or anything. Isn't being "settled" still living? I think if we were all the same and we all wanted the same things in life, we would be a boring. Honestly, I enjoy reading about your children and your marriages. It makes me have a different perspective on my life. Isn't that the beauty of it all? Learning from each other? Anyway, even if you are "settled" in your life I still hope you take the long way somewhere one day...

Comments

Kelsey said…
That's my theme song, too! Seriously! It has been since New Years at Seaside.
Anonymous said…
Three Men and A Truck
1-809-8915
1-80T-RUCK

U-HAUL 1-800-HAUL

COVAN 1-RENTVAN


guess who????

Popular Posts