To Wear The Jersey Or Not

Here we are in the middle of football season and I haven't even commented on the happenings. There have been some disappointments and surprises, but I guess you ask any Alabama fan and they aren't surprised at their season. Sabanation yadayadayada. In fact my grandparents are huge Alabama fans and my grandfather started having heart palpitations this past Saturday. He had to go to the doctor - no joke.

Anyway, it has come to my attention that a friend of mine (I will not mention her name) bought a jersey last weekend. A real jersey, even with the ladies fit.. The jersey of her favorite team. If you read this, what number? Was it JPWs? Anyway this amuses me greatly.

But then the question arose, is it really a bad move? It also made me think back to the last time I had on a jersey, it was the Fifth grade and it was my boyfriends. I will not mention his name. Did anyone else wear their boyfriends' pee wee football jerseys? Now, be honest people. Actually, some of you might have worn your boyfriend's in high school. Am I right? Or did you wear the class ring?

Actually, the first time I wore a football jersey I was in the Fourth grade. I think the boy had a rat tail, remember those? And somehow my mom new I had worn it by the time I got home. I even think the principal called and told her. He really was a sweet boy - but I got regulated on and could never wear his jersey again. I waited an entire year before I tried again. The next time, I wore my boyfriends' in the Fifth grade. Not sure if she knows that, but oh well now.

So, it brings me back to the acceptability of the jersey in modern day. I got to tell you, after some consideration, I think the jersey is acceptable. If you have the self confidence to pull it off - then go for it. You could pay ten dollars every weekend for a game day shirt, or spend 60 dollars and have a jersey for every occasion. So I say - more power to you! Rock that jersey!

Comments

Emily Chappell said…
Wore the jersey AND the ring (in high school). Haven't gotten that confident in adulthood. :)
Rebecca Beers said…
Oh, it was a JPW jersey. and it was a fitted "girl's" version. I don't care what others might say, wearing someone's jersey in high school on gameday was one thing... now, it's questionable :)
Anonymous said…
Bradshaw, this is not the conclusion we came to per our phone conversation. I'm not sure what made you change your mind but I disagree!! -MB

Popular Posts