My Handle on Life

Granny keeps calling me wanting to know what my "handle is again." Seriously, yesterday she said "I want to tell so and so about your blog, what is your handle again." I said "my what?" And she said "your handle." She has my web address confused with my CB handle, I guess. No, I don't have a CB handle, although I would be a lot cooler if I did.

Anyway, over the last week I have been doing a lot of thinking about my future. You see, I don't exactly know what I want to do with my life, nor do I know where I want to live. Yeah I know, I graduated from law school blah blah. But its not that simple. And to make matters worse I am not sure where I want to move to, but I think I want to move, eventually. Because of this I am reluctant to apply for a long term job.

For the time being, a friend asked me to come work at the church. I make spreadsheets, labels, postcards, stuff choir folders, work on the website and help write the newsletter. I have discovered that I have a real talent at postcards! My parents keep saying, all this education and you are stuffing choir folders. Last week I met one of the choir members and she said "you know one day you are going to look back at this experience and laugh." She is probably right.

However, I must admit all this time I have been praying for God to lead me where he wants me to go. But I have also been praying for him to provide. So, last night as I was leaving Walgreens, my favorite store, it hit me, God is providing. Its been right there in front of me all this time. I have been asking God to provide instead of thanking him for actually providing. It seems such a simple thing to be able to see, but I have been tripping over it all this time.

And although I don't think God intends for me to make spreadsheets, labels, postcards, or stuff choir folders all my life, I do think I am learning a lot. I had never worked on a website before, and I am definitely learning to deal with people. If there is one thing you do in church work, you deal with people. I really have learned a lot during this time.

Its kind of funny now looking at the situation from the knowledge that God did lead me here. Last summer I worked with an attorney in my hometown. He was soo good at dealing with people and their personal drama. I was not quite that good, actually I was pretty terrible. I am not good with people who cry. So, I am going to accept the fact that I am learning good life lessons at this juncture of my life. And I can assure you, I will look back on this period with laughter and thankfulness.

I hope you are all well. Thanks for visiting "my handle". I have to go figure out why Sidda's breathe smells so badly, I think she has been eating something not really mentionable. Until next time, I hope you take a second look at life - is there something God has given you that you haven't even taken the time to realize and be thankful for? Be thankful.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Very well said.M

Popular Posts