I Will Be At The Holiday Inn Express

The women at work officially think I am an idiot, really stupid. You see my very favorite commercials are the Holiday Inn Express ones. Where they say "you must have stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night." Actually, I love the one were a guy gets injured and they yell out "did anyone stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?" Then this guy says, "I am a doctor." They look at him and say "I said, did anyone stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?" Hilarious.

The other really funny one is when they are all standing around the breakfast bar. Then one guy walks up and starts putting things on his plate when the others notice and they say, "Steve aren't you the designated driver this morning?" And Steve says, "yeah I forgot. I don't have to have a hot breakfast to have a good time." And the woman says, "yeah but your way more fun when you do." Check out the hot bar in town. Genius commercial.

So, there are these three ladies that volunteer once a week to help fold newsletters at the church. Well, I walked into the print room and they had finished like an hour early, so I say "you guys must have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night." I got nothing but blank stares. One of them finally said, "no I was at home." Then I said, "you know what I am talking about, the commercials." Yeah, no.

Then a little while later I am back in the print room with a totally different group of women. I make the reference again, "you must have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express last night." Again blank stares. I got nothing. One woman said, "I might have seen the commercial."

I am not kidding you when I say that those three women go the other way when they see me coming now. I really think that they think I am an idiot. Oh and to add to this some of the people keep getting me confused with the new Associate Pastor. One lady asked me how I preached last week, I almost said "I did awesome." Well, I might have kind of led her to that, then I started laughing and said "I am not Emily." She also thinks I am an idiot.

I really don't know how to rectify this situation. Maybe I should go stay at the Holiday Inn Express tonight...might improve my attempts at humor.

Comments

Anonymous said…
they can't hold you back. they just don't watch enough tv!
Unknown said…
if they don't get the holiday inn express reference, try referencing funny commercials from their era such as: alka selzer's "i can't believe i ate the whole thing," or wendy's "where's the beef?" I think you should keep trying until they really think you're crazy.

Popular Posts