Admissions

Yes, so the truth is out. I own a microphone. I write songs, I have been writing songs since I was fifteen. Sometimes I like to record them. Therefore, several years ago I purchased a microphone along with some recording equipment. And no, you can't hear any of my songs.

I also paint. I am really into mixed media at the moment. I am working on three paintings right now. Personally, I think they are really weird and not very good. For whatever reason, I keep thinking of more concepts to paint and until it is out of my system I am not going to stop.

I have also written some plays. The first one was terrible. I laugh out loud at how terrible it really sounds. The second one is titled Pickled, and it is about these two older women that spent all the Garden Club's money by sending it in to an evangelical preacher on T.V. In order to earn the money back they do hair and make-up at the funeral home, and no one knows. I have never written a character under the age of fifty-five.

I use phrases like "I was be bopping down the road," "flim flam," and "skedaddle" in every day conversation. I also have a couple of French phrases that creep into my conversation every now and then. No, not dirty words, actual French phrases. For instance, I will say moi aussi all the time. This means "me too". It's basically all that I remember. I was awful at French. I think my teacher in high school had pity on me and gave me B's and let me slide right on through. I put off my foreign language in college until the last semester. I had to take conversational French and pass in order to graduate. I have never been a brown noser up until that semester. I was in her office everyday. I passed with a C. The most beautiful C I have ever had in my life, considering I failed every test but one. And all I can remember is "moi aussi."

If I am making myself a sandwich and the cheese breaks when I am getting it out of the plastic, I can't use that piece of cheese on my sandwich. I constantly have something to drink, I am perpetually thirsty. There is nothing underneath my bed because Grandmother says that its not good for my fung shei. Apparently it gives you bad dreams when things are under your bed. I am not saying I believe in fung shei, but to be on the safe side I don't keep things under my bed.

What I am trying to tell you is, I am weird. I admit that. I own some of the most random things you could imagine, including a microphone. Most everything I own is in my car. Apparently I have been a little werid my entire life. I drowned when I was two and Miss Donna saved me, thanks again. Maybe that is what spawned the weirdness? Who knows.... But if you are ever needing any kind of random thing, I probably have it. Just ask.

Comments

Anna said…
sadly, I already knew most of this about you. we all have our own little quirks...we love you anyway:)
Anonymous said…
i didn't need a paragraph to tell me you have personality. you are like an onion. layers.
Abby Maddox said…
I knew that was going to be Elizabeth Mitchell, I just love her! Anyway, I love all your fun different sides...Ride Sally Ride!
Anonymous said…
Katie, you are not weird, you just hung around a lot of older people all of your life and heard a lot of stories from Grannie Janie,(all that beauty shop talk) and probably overheard way too many coversations between your mother and myself, and being an only child you just invented more interesting things in your head to keep you busy. I am just sooo glad I saw that blue something (your swimsuit)floating in the pool that day and realized it was you and jumped in after you, otherwise we all would have missed out on our wonderful, beautiful, funny, talented Katie. Don't ever say you are weird, "unique" is much better. And Anna can't say anything about the microphone, because she always hogged it in church when you girls sang your little hearts out. The truth be known, I wish I owned one. I just may go out and buy me one.
LOVE YOU LOTS!!!
Miss Donna
The Jernigan's said…
i want to read the play, that sounds fun!!! i love katie and all her neat things and hobbies!!!

Popular Posts