Gustav Is Almost Gone

I survived the hurricane! Although I am not sure I am going to survive the rain that has continued after Gustav. I am so tired of rain. I have been wearing my fun water shoes, but the rain almost got the best of my positive attitude today.

Anyway my dad was here all weekend and we survived the storm together. We both love Jim Cantore, the weather reporter on The Weather Channel. Jim is the guy who tethers himself to structures and is always in the worst areas. Most of the time he is reporting the weather while the wind is blowing him sideways. Do you know who I am talking about?

Dad and I were watching The Weather Channel for days and Jim never came on. Finally we decided that Jim was home resting up for the storm, and he would come in at the last minute. Low and behold Jim finally showed up on Sunday morning! At that point the storm had not hit. The camera cut away to Jim and he said (imagine the most dramatic voice ever) "I just drove through Baton Rouge. There are power lines EVERYWHERE. And they will most likely be on the ground." Did you catch that? Nothing bad had happened yet, he can make nothing sound really really dramatic.

So Monday Dad and I were watching "The Closer" marathon and waiting for the storm. He looked at me and said "I got an idea. Lets go out to the lake and take pictures like I am a reporter for The Weather Channel." I found my microphone, he got his blue poncho and we headed over to the lake by my house. We walked out on the pier and Dad said "I hope no one is watching."
People, "does it matter if strangers are watching us take this picture, when we are sending these photos to people we actually know?" I must say though, he might have found his calling. He looks like a seasoned veteran!
I hope all of your families are safe and sound after the storm! I am really ready for hurricane season to be over with!

Comments

Anna said…
aahahhaaaaaa!!! I laughed out loud when I saw this picture of Phillip!! that is hilarious. I wish I had been on the pier so I could see this as it happened....
The Jernigan's said…
That is sooo darn funny, before i read this, i kept looking at the pics things that it looked like you dad, but was lik, no it couldnt be. Low and behold it was!! hahahaaa
Anonymous said…
Katie that is so funny and so unlike your dad! I didn't know he would ever do anything like that. That will be a memory that will last a lifetime for you! I am glad ya'll were both safe!
Lauren said…
this is hilarious. but what is funniest is how nonchalantly you say, "i found my microphone." what do you have a microphone for?
Anonymous said…
my only question is why do you have a microphone?

Popular Posts