Why I Am Still Single!

I personally don't spend much time wondering why I am still single, but boy do other people. In fact last week I was telling my grandmother that she better keep herself in good health because she had made a lot of promises to "dance at my wedding." Every time she would get me to do a chore or something she would say "if you will do 'this or that' I will dance at your wedding." She told me "Katie just the mention of you getting married would raise anyone from the dead." Obviously she has a lot of confidence in my ability to find a man.

Well, I have agreed to teach two of my guy friends to play the guitar. And last night was our first lesson, but before the lesson they said hey meet us to eat at this particular chain restaurant. My mother told me not to mention the name of the restaurant, but lets just say there were only three other women eating in there, you can figure this out people. Now I have nothing against this restaurant, although this was my first time I thought the food was really good. But they were having trivia night. And since we are three competitive lawyer school students of course we got really into trying to win. Honestly the questions were kind of hard especially when you haven't been in high school in a while. I am not sure if I enjoyed the trivia or the random people around us and their answers. One very drunk fellow looked at us after a question was asked about the superlative of good, and he said "we don't know English good."

After a while though I said "guys do they even have a ladies room here." For some reason my friends thought this was really funny. And for the record they do have a ladies room. But you know how some restrooms have these things on the wall in which you can buy things. Some have tampons and some have pandoras boxes or perfume or something. Well hanging in the bathroom was this huge box and it had one outlet for tampons and then a bunch of outlets for something called "SunTan." When I got back to the table I started telling my friends and they insisted that I go back and actually buy whatever it was. We all kind of thought it was going to be self tanner. In fact one of the guys gave me money to go back in there! So I did. And I said now if I put this money in and it suddenly sprays me with self tanner or something and I come out looking funny, you can't laugh. But it wasn't self tanner, it was HOSIERY. Then it dawned on me why it said SunTan A, SunTan B, SunTan C, they were sizes. I just thought it meant the degree of self tanner you wanted. Don't worry I didn't buy them, they were four dollars!!!!

After 14 questions we made it in the playoffs. And a member from each team had to go up and answer a final question. I did not volunteer to represent our team. But this is when I noticed the guys sitting behind us. Well people, there was one guy that I thought was really good looking. Luckily they made it in the playoffs as well so we all started talking. I realized I would go out with this guy, seriously! But then I remembered where I was, and later I told my friends "I would have tried to spit game with him, but he was probably wondering what in the hell I was doing there. He would have never gone out with me." Unfortunately my friends agreed and now all I can do is hope I randomly run into him again. And you wonder why I am still single....

Comments

Popular Posts