Dorothy Hamill called...I am sending the haircut back!

So I got a hair cut yesterday. I woke up and for some reason my gut was telling me maybe it wasn't a good idea, but I went anyway. I had an appointment with a new hairdresser. Going to see a new hairdresser is sort of like going on a blind date. You have no idea what you are getting yourself into. I thought a long time about what I was going to wear because he doesn't know me and first impression is everything, even in hair world. Honestly think about it, if you wear something that you would never wear on a regular basis you could come out with a hairdo that looks nothing like you. I also try and give brief run down on things I like to do, for some reason it makes me feel like this will give them an idea of how to cut my hair. Its times like these when I long for the days of set-n-tease. How much easier would life be if you knew that you could just go get a set and a tease out and not stand out in the crowd? Think about it, whomever created that hairstyle was a genius.

Back to the story, for all you guys who haven't seen me in a while my hair had grown out really long. It was driving me nuts. Plus I felt like a change was in order. I have been listening to this new music group from Australia, The Waifs. They are awesome! And one of their songs is "Haircut". I may be getting into copyright infringement, this is when I don't like that I now think like a lawyer. Anyhow the lyrics to the chorus are "See its more than a haircut/I wear it on my head/Thought I'd Dye It Red/Got it Cut Off Instead." I have been listening to this song over and over for about a week straight, bad idea. It inspired me to tell the hairdresser I was in need of a change. Well people, I got a change alright, a change from circa 1977. I think I look like Dorothy Hamill, the ice skater from the 70's!!!! Seriously, I am not even kidding. Honestly this is not a point where you should be laughing!

So after I texted a couple of important people to let them know that I now look like Dorothy Hamill, I called a group of friends down in Mobile. I was supposed to go to Mobile this weekend for a Mardi Gras Ball, but I gave up drinking for the month of January. Side note - Apparently people think that I did something wrong to stop drinking. Just to put down any rumors 1) I did nothing illegal, 2) I committed no immoral act that would lead me to this, and 3) I didn't do anything stupid. Sometimes you just need to take a step back and do some internal cleansing, trust me on this decision okay. I have lots of important decisions to make right now, i.e. what bar to take, where to move. Anyway I called them and they immediately yelled into the phone "Get Out of the Dressing Room Bradshaw." Thanks people I appreciate the support!

They were not shocked that I got an aweful haircut! See I have this M.O. of getting outrageous hair cuts. Once in college it was so short I started taking horse hair growth pills. They are the size of your pinkie finger, well really your pinkie toe, but they are huge and they smell. Desperate times call for desperate measures people. This new haircut is not so bad that I need the pills, but I really do look like Dorothy Hamill. I am not sure if I should go buy a leotard and ice skates and try and make money off of this by becoming a look-a-like at parties. I am not sure if I would make any money, most people in Mississippi hire the Elvis look-a-likes. But who knows? It could be a potential money making scheme.

But just for the record Katie C. A. I am not learning to do any a) triple sow cows b) triple axles c) sit and spins and d) back flips on ice. Got to go, Dorothy Hamill just called and I am sending the haircut back as soon as possible....

Comments

Anonymous said…
this is very cute, not that I would have expected anything less from a mortar board queen!! you better send me a link to this. I am at Millie's with your mama! hope you have a good week! love, cherie
Anonymous said…
can't wait to see it. I was thinking of cutting and highlighting mine before the competition, but you have convinced me to just let it grow out.
Anna said…
I was just talking today about getting my hair cut, but this scares me...maybe I'll just let it grow!
Rebecca Beers said…
bradshaw, i may have had one too many cocktails at that point but i will let you know that it was ME challenging you to go for the triple salchow/triple toe loop combination jump. i know you can do it with that dorothy hamill head behind you. now you just need to find an ice skating rink in Mississippi...
thebarronfam said…
I would love to see a picture! Your blog makes me laugh!!!
Anonymous said…
Dorothy, for some reason I keep picturing you in a Nuns habit, frolicking around in a meadow with your hair flouncing around. I hope you are spending as much time looking for a life (with pay) as you are blogging. P.s. I plan to go blonde and cut my hair this week, even sometime pushing 40 we need a change, we will have to compare photos, jane
Anonymous said…
The Dorothy Hamill has to beat the Betty Jo! :} You have to show pics if you are gonna tell us all about the bad hair!!! I am also commenting on the signs we all read, I got an e-mail this morning about road signs, The sign read....NEED JESUS call 18005551234 - when I called it a Mexican with a tow truck showed up! You better read between the lines when reading those signs!!!
Anonymous said…
Katie, I bet it is not that bad. My last haircut, I called Anna and told her the way he cut and styled my hair I looked like Dorothy Hamill with Fat Cheeks, so I do feel your pain! At least you don't have the fat cheeks and sagging jowls to go along with it.

Love you!
Ms. Donna

Popular Posts