New Beginnings

Why start a blog? Well, for months now I have been reading all you married folks blogs. I have seen a glimpse into the married/parental life. I must say its interesting. Interesting enough to want to join that world anytime soon? No, but interesting nonetheless. Yet, I was recently left out of a blog post (and you know who you are) because I was not part of a "couple". The story went something like this "We spent New Year's Eve with our favorite couples....," no mention of Katie. I will admit I did not have much to add to some of the conversation that evening, I know NOTHING about breast feeding. But hey come on, I was there.

So, I started thinking that maybe I should start my own blog, in order for these people to know what it is like in single land. Hey, if I have to read about little Johnny, then you should have to hear about my drama. And now that I am about to be in my EIGHTH wedding, you read that right 8, I figure I must be outnumbered and therefore my life may sound interesting to some of you. I guess I am hoping that you guys will give me some advice along the way. Oh, and if you are getting married, let me know. I know how to work the system when it comes to registering!

Now, unlike Stewart's blog, I do not live in a foreign country. Although some of you may argue that Mississippi is a foreign country, trust me it is not. In fact I have come to enjoy this place, and the people I have met. Yes, I am Katie Bradshaw and I admit that. Many of you remember how much I fretted over moving here and really was quite miserable the first couple of months. But I actually will miss it here. And unlike Stewart, I am not saving anyone or trying to change the world. In fact I find that more often than not other people are helping to change me and shape me.

And if you are looking for inspiration, this is not the blog. I am not sure I have ever really inspired anyone. Unless I have inspired others to discipline their kids so that they would not end up like me. Seriously, if you are looking for inspiration please read Abby's blog. It is incredible, just follow the link. If you are looking for a good laugh, this is your spot!

So what am I going to write about? Who knows, but I will try and make it as interesting as possible. I am going to try and put the add-on that plays music. I have seen it on some blog. Side note - whoever has it on their blog has the Trans-Siberian Orchestra as their first song. For all of those people who berated me during Christmas about going to see the TSO, I promise I will never put their music on this blog. And I promise not to put any of my own songs on here either. I think the biggest joke in my family is that I play all these instruments and write songs, but I cannot sing! My own grandmother still asks when I am going to "get some singin' lessons."

Lastly, I have named this blog "This is not the dressing room." You may wonder why. My grandfather used to say "You only go around once and this is not the dressing room." I need a daily reminder of this philosophy. I find myself too often in the dressing room.

Hope you enjoy!

Comments

Anna said…
yea for a new blog to read! I am adding a link on mine now! You make me laugh:)
Emily Chappell said…
Oh Katie Bradshaw.... I'm so glad you have a blog! You sound like my mother. She doesn't want to read my blog either. She says it is pointless becuase I just write about my dogs. Well, I read about Little Johnny all day long, too, so I figure I can write about my dogs if I so please. Update often, because I'll be stalking you!
Anonymous said…
Oh the ramblings of "Misty Dawn" turned lose on the world of Blog. The real world awaites this precious angelwere the biggest problem she faces will not be that she didn't get the A+ in the class she wanted. Oh how I can't wait to sit back and watch Oh yes and use my 15 years of free lega service, at my rate I will need!! Go Family Law!!
Rebecca Beers said…
way to give us single girls and bridesmaids a voice bradshaw. if we combine our bridesmaid dresses, we are going to be reaching 27 sooner than we'd like, i believe. glad to not be reading about breastfeeding or whether or not your infant likes to sleep on his/her back.

p.s. you've got to appreciate TSO's "carol of the bells." seriously. hahaha. i'll let you borrow my CD sometime. IF you're lucky.
Anonymous said…
Congratulations on the Blog, I love it! I'm excited to read more about the life & times of Katie Bradshaw. By the Way, That there pitcher on the Blog makes you look real purty!! Ya no ~~ ye shore do make a gal proud, I kan't wait too tell folks I new you when!! I am proud of you KB, even if you ain't got a passel of young'uns, you can always get some yard-dogs!!

Love you OM
Anonymous said…
K to the B,

Your blog will be another high light of my day. I don't have any kids to write about, but I will tell you all about my dogs tomorrow night. Oh, if I had been with you NYE and had a blog, I would so be talking about you.=)
Abby Maddox said…
You make me laugh! I thought the name of your blog might have something to do with the scaring you had in dressing rooms in high school as we (mainly Lauren Parkman) flashed you just to watch you flip out :) This sounds like we are REALLY kinky! Do you remember that? Anyway, I really look forward to keeping up with what I know will be a crazy-fun life.

Also, thanks so much for what you said...

Popular Posts