Follow the Signs Right Out of the Dressing Room

Many of us drive the same roads over and over again year after year. There are signs along these roads for various things motels, churches, stores etc. We all read them and many of us often times wonder what they really mean. But an interesting thing happened to my friend this week. This particular friend mentioned one of these signs in her blog. Actually it was a sign for a motel that is located along a highway many of us have traveled year after year. It has this very distinguishable sign that lets me know I am almost to Montgomery when I am traveling north on 231. Many people, including myself, expressed an opinion on the place. Come to find out the motel has a wonderful story, its a family owned establishment that has been there for years. Its a cool story, and they are trying to decide whether or not to keep the sign, if you guys read this blog "KEEP THE SIGN!"

Anyway it got me thinking about all the signs for all the places that each of us reads every day. There are so many that I could discuss, but for each one I have made up my own story in my head to think about when I drive by. But now I am realizing these signs have their own stories, and maybe these signs are challenging us to get out of the dressing room and live life. For instance there is a sign along highway 80 between Montgomery, AL and Meridian, MS that reads "Deep Sea Fishing" and then lists a number to call. Now this sign appears in the middle of a field. Honestly there are no houses for at least a couple of miles before or after the sign. And I am guessing this sign is located about three hours from the coast. Its so bizarre. I always think, who put that there? And why are you advertising for a deep sea fishing trip this far from the coast and in the middle of a field with nothing else around? But there has to be a story. Please if you are reading this don't go and try to figure out who put it there. I would personally think that is creepy, but if you happen to know thats okay. But I think maybe the sign is a reminder from God that I have to get out and live life.

Seriously, so many of us have driven by that motel but never stopped to spend the night. Maybe we should, we might find something that we never knew was there. And maybe I should call this number and go Deep Sea Fishing. I challenge you to follow the signs, figure out the story...why hang out in the dressing room?

Comments

The Jernigan's said…
I have actually LOLed while reading your blogs. You crack me up! And do not say you are not inspiring, you definately are!
Miss you lots and hey, you wanna go get a massage next time you are in dothan?
Lauren M.
Anonymous said…
I too have seen that sign on the way to Dothan. It makes me laugh every time. I always wonder the same thing.

Popular Posts