Professor Bradshaw

I have been on a long trip, and it was much needed. I will try and add some pictures when the people with cameras send them to me. No, I do not have a job. Actually that is not totally true, but I don't have a long term job. However, I am working at my church and get this, I am teaching a legal writing section at my law school.

Now, you may be wondering, is she qualified? Does she have enough experience? Is she old enough? Okay, maybe these are some of the things I have been wondering. I have been debating this entire thing since the beginning of the summer when they asked me to teach. I kept thinking, I am not capable of this. Yet somehow my first class is Thursday morning.

This morning I went by and picked up all the books I have to use to prepare. Did you people realize that teachers probably prepare more than students? Okay, not law students, but most students. I have about 7 books to read!!!!! And the first book is about grammar and punctuation. I realize that many of you reading this are thinking, "how can she teach grammar to anyone?" I realize that grammar is a problem for me.

To top it off, the first chapter is about commas. My mom and I have already argued over my use of commas in this here blog. She really is a teacher, and it drives her crazy. I have to tell you though there are two different camps on comma usage. Some think that you should use a lot of commas, while others think commas aren't as necessary. There was one suggestion that a writer should use commas so that if it were read aloud the sentence would sound like a conversation. Aha...this is what I try to aim for in writing my blog. I want people to feel like I am literally talking to them. (Okay, it is a great excuse for my mom, just go with it people.)

So, I hope you all are done laughing at the thought of me as a teacher. Just think Thursday morning, I will be "molding budding legal minds." Well, I am just hoping I don't steer them into failure. And if any of you have any suggestions of what they should call me, just let me know. Professor Bradshaw just sounds weird.

Comments

Emily Chappell said…
Are they really going to call you Professer Bradshaw??? That is awesome!
Lydia said…
Hope things went well this morning. I have no doubt that you were awesome!!!
Anna said…
can't wait to hear about this morning!!
The Jernigan's said…
I wanna hear all about it!! if you were at holly hill, it would be miss katie.... but i guess that would not be appropriate for law school. hahaa
Kelsey said…
I can't wait to hear! Mandy and I think it's a perfect fit!

Popular Posts