I Have a Confession

I know I love to talk about cooking, and I feel like I am always telling you people, whomever it is that reads this, about what I eat. As you know I have been doing a lot of studying recently and cooking has not been on my radar. I did make a ham and egg pie, but I ate all of that in four days. I just have not wanted to cook because I didn't need to waste any of my time cleaning up after the cooking.

Why is it that cooking is so messy? I wish I could be like those pedicure and manicure places that my mom keeps telling me about. She says they can use one quarter of a paper towel when doing an ENTIRE manicure. Of course, I wouldn't know how accurate that is because I do not have any of these things done. I don't like people I do not know touching me. In fact someone I don't really know walked by and gave me a friendly rub on the back at church last week. One of those "I don't know your name, but I see you here, and its good to see you" rubs. Yeah, I don't like people I don't know touching me. I think this is another blog for another day.

What I am trying to get to is that I have a confession to make: I have ordered a considerable amount of pizza in the last several weeks. Literally, a lot of pizza. I can order a medium or large pizza, whatever the special is, and eat on it for many many meals. I am talking breakfast, lunch and dinner. For me, it was an easy thing to do, and I didn't have to clean my kitchen after I had eaten. They come right to my door, and these days you can order online. Unfortunately, I have not realized quite how much pizza I must have ordered.

This past week I have been in my hometown visiting my family. So, yesterday I went to lunch with my grandmother, and a mysterious number called me. Of course I couldn't answer it because we were in a restaurant, but they left a message. The entire time I kept thinking, is it a job, is it a boy, is it my apartment complex telling me they couldn't find my rent check because I broke their collection box? When I finally got a chance to listen to my message this is what I hear: "This is your local area Dominos. As a valued customer, we just wanted to let you know that there will be a special tomorrow night and we did not want you to miss out."

I should be completely embarrassed to confess this. In fact there were several times that friends would call and I would say "well, I am embarrassed to tell you I just ordered a pizza, for myself." One time my friend Tim said, "Katie I don't care." But I was secretly thinking, yeah but you don't know how often I do this. So, I think I am going on an "anti ordering pizza alone campaign" for a year. I think this will be a cleansing process. However, if you are in the Jackson, Mississippi area, I have the specials this month memorized, give me a call and I can help you out!

Comments

~N~ said…
Katie, you're hilarious!!! Love this :) And ordered a pizza for myself tonight prior to reading. When I lived @ the Beach I kept this little local place in business I'd eat 2 a week and make around 8 meals out of it...It is kind of sad now that I think about it, but good pizza is good pizza!!! Btw- I'm blogging again, every now and then ;-)

Popular Posts