Update

If I could only tell you all the details of my days! I think every lawyer that works in and around the courthouse every day should write down a daily log and then write a book. You just have no idea the crazy things I see. Unfortunately for you, most of the things I deal with is confidential. So, I would love to write a blog everyday but when I sit down to write, I realize I can't tell you most of these things. Here are some things I can tell you.

I recently had a case in which a prisoner sued the jail because the guards would not search through his waste to find the four teeth he swallowed. As I was reading his handwritten pleadings, I had the revelation that he may have tried to search himself. To say I was disgusted is an understatement. Thus, my use of anti-bacterial hand sanitizer has slightly increased.

Then earlier this week someone brought a rooster to work. He had him in a cage outside in his truck. We were in the midst of a hearing in the courtroom when we suddenly started hearing something crow. That rooster crowed all day long. People walking by stopped and tried to pet the rooster like this was a side show. I mean most of the time I feel like I work at a side show, but really, a rooster? My favorite part of the story is that a baileff took the rooster home with him. He said that he can call the rooster and he will come running to him. (Apparently the rooster's name is White Boy, but they are deciding on a more suitable name.)

I do actually work on serious matters for the most part. I just figure you don't want to read about people fighting over money. I will say this, if there are any lawyers out there reading this - a 167 page motion to compel is ridiculous. Lets be real folks.

In other news, Sidda has gone to stay with her grandparents, Soo-Soo and Fleebo (some uncle gave my dad that name years ago) for a couple of weeks. It has been entertaining for me because mom and dad both call with jealousy when Sidda only wants to be held by the other one. Mom keeps comparing her to a two year old child. They also have a fox in the backyard. Dad let Sidda out and then the two of them had to chase her down while the fox was clearly back there watching. Dad has vowed to trap the fox in a cage. I tried to tell him that it is not like catching a gopher (his other hobby). Anyway, here are some pictures mom took of Sidda. Hope you enjoy.




Comments

Anonymous said…
my girl!

Popular Posts