Ironing Tips From Mrs. S.

Mrs. S. teaches me a lot of things – mainly about cooking. However, last night I got a lesson about ironing, and I figured it would be a good thing to pass along to others. Let me back up and say, I love to iron. I love that crisp feeling of ironed clothes. Although, it only takes about five minutes to look like I don’t iron.

So, last night I was ironing my clothes for today. I usually iron and pick out everything for the entire week. However, we had an unexpected trial today, and I had to change my outfit game plan. I was spending the night with Mrs. S. and I asked if I could iron some clothes. She said, “sure,” and then I thought she said something about putting my clothes in the freezer but I thought she was kidding.

Oh, no. She was not kidding. Come to find out, she takes all the clothes she is going to iron and mists them with a water bottle. Then she rolls them up and puts them in bags, separating whites from colors, and puts them in the freezer. She usually just keeps them in the freezer for an hour before ironing, but you can keep them in there as long as you need.

When you get the clothes out of the freezer, you do not even need starch to iron clothes. I promise you, this will make ironing so easy. You guys may have already heard of this and I am totally missing the boat. I asked the Judge if he had ever heard of rolling clothes and putting them in bags – he had not. I was so amazed at how awesome this was and I just had to pass this along. I realize I have seemed to be down on marriage and family recently (although I promise I haven’t meant to sound that way), so I figured I would pass this tip along in hopes that it would help you out. Let me know what you think!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Just so you know, Santa and his elves do not make freezers!
Anonymous said…
Amazing! New bakground is good.

Popular Posts