Care Packages

Have I mentioned that my Uncle Greg is in Iraq right now? Well, my Mom's baby brother is a Navy Seabee serving in Iraq. He left in the spring and will hopefully be home sometime close to Christmas. He is the short one on the left in the picture below.




He has made many requests for various items to be shipped to him since he has been over there. Not the least of which has been a 5-iron and a 7-iron. Apparently, some soldier stationed there before him had his family send over astro-turf. Uncle Greg wanted to take full advantage of the turf. Can't say that I blame him, I do love to play golf. His wife said, "I am not shipping your golf clubs!" But he talked Mom into sending them anyway.
Then recently, I knew Mom sent him a Jimmy Buffett care package, including parrot head hats for him and some of his buddies. I just didn't realize they were for this:



(Okay, apparently this is from another camp, but it is funny nonetheless.) If you look closely, you can see the "Yard of the Year" sign. And this pool even has rules:



I am really glad they are trying to find some humor in this situation! Actually, Mom said the last time they "Skyped" he was learning to make bracelets out of parachute thread. (He can actually sew with a sewing machine. I am sure he would kill me for telling that on the internet, but it is true.)
Please keep him and all soldiers in your thoughts and prayers. And if your Church or Organization sends care packages, let me know and I will give you his address. (He says we aren't sending him enough packages.)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Katie, the pool pic is actually from another camp.I know Greg posted these thinking he would reel me in on this one just like the putter. WRONG!! I gave him the LOWES 800- number for his landscaping needs. No offense to those guys and there DIY work, but you know your Uncle Greg would have his design work a little more "neatened" up. He tells me repeatedly how much the prayers, and yes, the care packages mean to all of them. His unit is in a very remote area now. No astro-turf. No pool. However, I am sure his wheels are turning to somehow trump those guys!Love,Mom
Greg S. Faulk, EA1, USN said…
Hey Katie,
I emailed you the pictures of the porch/awning that I built. Will send more as improvements are made. Thank everyone for prayers and packages for me.
Love you,
Uncle Greg

Popular Posts