My Kid Is Smarter Than Yours

Sorry for the title, I just always wanted one of those bumper stickers. Actually growing up I always tried to talk my mom and dad in to getting bumper stickers. I really thought they should be like those people that have bumper stickers all over the back of their car. In reality, I think my parents were afraid I was going to become one of those people. Let me be honest I have a lot of bumper stickers on my guitar case, but that is it. And just so you know, my mom was summons to federal jury duty. Well, they sent her an eight page questionnaire, and one of the questions was "Do you have any bumper stickers on your car? If so, what do they say." Food for thought.

Anyway, my point today is, my kitten is fabulous! She is sooo smart. She already knew how to go to the bathroom in the litter box! Actually, my dad tried to talk me out of getting her because I was going to have to drive five hours back from the beach with her. He said, "Katie, she is going to cry the entire time!" She cried for about 10 minutes when we got started. I stopped in Mobile and she ate and drank and went to the bathroom, in her litter box, and she cried for about 10 minutes when we got back on the road. She likes travelling!

My parents are not pet people. In fact, we NEVER had an indoor animal. I had a dog once when I was very small and he died when I was seven, and we had a cat that lived outside during high school, she took care of herself. They adopted a dog when I went to law school. The dog kept running away to the neighbor's house, which is far away because they live on a farm. But the lady neighbor had Alzheimer's and she loved the dog, so dad said he didn't have the heart to take the dog away from her. Plus, the dog obviously didn't like it at my parents home!

All that to say, this is a totally new experience for me. It was an impulsive decision to get her in some respects, but I would cry if she went away. She is very "human like". Really. She follows me and plays in whatever room I am in. If I sit on the couch, she sits beside me. Her litter box is in the bathroom beside the toilet, when I go to the bathroom, she goes to the bathroom. The only thing that has weirded me out is that she is sleeping in my dirty clothes. I am one of those people that cleans the dirty clothes basket when I empty it, so that the clean clothes are in a clean basket. Get it? And she is sleeping in there. At first I thought she just fell in during the night and couldn't get out, so I made sure she couldn't fall in last night. This morning she was sleeping there again, she must have purposefully gone there. (I make her sleep in the bathroom.) I can't quite figure out how to handle this situation, but I will.

Also, apparently you are not supposed to bath kittens. Yes, I gave her a bath and she was soo mad with me. She scratched me to the point I look like I was in a knife fight. But she smelled good when I finished. I am thinking of giving it another shot. This is fun, slightly strange to have something else moving around in my apartment at times, but fun nonetheless. And she even likes my lectures on CD that I am listening to while studying for the bar, go figure! She must be my kid.

P.S. The pictures are from my camera phone, I don't have a digital camera. I am more into the old school ones.

Comments

Lauren said…
Katie, she is so cute! I'm glad she's being a good kitty for you. Cats (and dogs, I suppose) love to sleep on anything that is YOURS. I'll be organizing my notebooks in the middle of the floor and Banjo will come lay on my notes! It's a piece of paper for goodness sake. But they love it b/c it's yours!
The Jernigan's said…
She is so cute Katie!! Seems like she loves you already. Maybe she needs a friend???? What did you end uo naming her?
Katie B said…
Oh, her name is Sidda. I bathed her again tonight...she was mad, but now she is over it.
Anonymous said…
KB, I love the name. I was hoping for Skank but I understand. Lola loves clean loves and it in my dresser drawers. For the love of all that is good and pure, quit bathing that baby. she is too cute.
Anonymous said…
I didn't proof my previous post. The bar is making me stupid, let me try again.

KB, I love the name. I was hoping for Skank but I understand. Lola loves clean clothes and to get in my dresser drawers. For the love of all that is good and pure, quit bathing that baby. she is too cute.
Jenny said…
Quit bathing that cat! She is not going to like you if you keep doing it! They clean themselves!
Emily Chappell said…
I would try to bathe her too... I like a clean animal. She is very cute!

Popular Posts