Some Good Ideas

I have had all sorts of entrepreneurial ideas this week. I got to tell you, in my head they sounded really great. Then I would mention them to people and they would laugh. So, I figured I would let you guys in on my ideas.

First, I have decided I am going to retire. This may seem really crazy, but its actually ingenious. Think about all the people you hear about who are more successful in retirement. They work for years and years to eventually retire and then become really successful. Or think about all the people who work for years in a job that they don't enjoy, and then retire and to do something that makes them happy and live out the rest of their lives extremely happy. Most of these folks are between the ages of 50-70. What were the years like from say 22-50? Why should I waste time doing a job I don't enjoy in order to look forward to retirement?

I told my boss my idea this week. His first response was "Katie, don't most people figure out what they want to do that will make them happy and then retire?" I said, "Well, yeah." And he said, "You have to figure out what you really want to do and then you can retire." Then he added, "And Katie, don't you have to WORK before you retire?" I said, "Ahhh Marc, I am working!" I realize he has some good points, but I have decided to retire anyway. So, I just want every one to know that I Katie Bradshaw have officially retired at the ripe old age of 26.

Second - I had a great plan as to how to get the 7,116 SkyMiles I am lacking to get a reward trip to a wedding in a couple of weeks. See, I am a bridesmaid for a really old friend of mine. Instead of driving the 13 hours I decided I would cash in my SkyMiles, but I am lacking 7,116. So, I decided that I would call Delta and offer to do a big promotion for them on my blog. In my head this sounded like a great idea, then I realized that the Delta lady would laugh at me. They spend millions every year on their marketing campaign, so this little blog is nothing to them. Yes, I realize this wasn't as good an idea as retirement, but at least I am thinking outside the box.

Basically folks I have been thinking up crazy stuff this week. I changed coffee pots, so that could be part of it. Anyway, I will let you know how my retirement is working out - who knows you may want to try it out as well!

Comments

Emily Chappell said…
When you figure out how to (successfully) retire, let me know. I'm very interested.

Popular Posts