I Am Going to Sale Beauty Products in Eastern Europe

I have had so many things that I want to write about recently, but no time to write. I am in charge of the poinsettia sales at church, and I have to sale 27 more. If you would like to purchase one please let me know. I thought I would give it a plug, you never know, someone in Jackson might read this blog. However, please don't lick them - they are poisonous.

Anyway, I had to go to the mall last night - no not for Christmas shopping, I had to buy a bra. Not just any bra, a bra to wear with a really low cut dress in the back. I was not successful, but that is another blog for another day. Bra shopping is overwhelming, especially when you and the sales person are not communicating on the same plane. Blah blah.

I have to tell you though, I was shocked at how many people were getting suckered into the kiosk sales last night. You know what I am talking about? In the recent years there has been an influx of Eastern European kiosk sales people. Most of them are selling these nail product kits or hand lotion kits. Have you seen this? My mom and her friend got suckered into one of these deals last Christmas. They kept calling each other fake names at first and just kidding around with the sales people. Then they ended up buying the products and the people said (imagine an Eastern European accent) "why does your debit card have a different name?" Suckers.

This year the kiosks have tripled - literally. I keep thinking there must be an exchange program in Eastern Europe through newspapers and schools that says "Come Work in America - Sale Beauty Products." I just wonder who they got here in America to go over there. Imagine Betty Lou all dolled up and freezing in Kazakhstan selling some nail filer (because technically that is what those people sale.) This is where my mind wonders when I see these people.

But they are good at their job - there is no doubt about that. I can't tell you how many people they had stopped last night. One guy looked like a redneck and he was standing there with his mouth open so impressed by the nail file...his wife is going to be thrilled come Christmas Day.

Am I the only one intrigued by all of this? I have to tell you it is a little ironic because I almost applied to a professor job in Kazakhstan this weekend. Seriously, not kidding. Its not a far stretch - I do teach at the law school. But...I mentioned it to my mom and being the teacher she is, she went into a long detailed historical talk about how it really was not a good idea. But she might change her mind if I were selling the beauty products....hey, she bought them!

Comments

Emily Chappell said…
I love the kiosks with the fake ponytail scrunchies. They always have a long line in Dothan!
Anonymous said…
Blah,blah,blah! You got me. Yes, MA and I were suckers. Oh, some sad news. The Hairdini,you and your dad ordered circa 1990, that we laughed about at Thanksgiving and I found shortly after. You were sooooo excited. IT IS DRY-ROTTED! I PROMISE TO ORDER ANOTHER SET ! I'M SURE THEY SELL THEM IN ONE OF THOSE KIOSKS NOW.

Popular Posts