Things have been getting my goat...

There are a couple of things that have been driving me crazy lately. First of all, Thursday night I turned on my nighttime channel, Hallmark of course, and was settling in to watch a good movie. Just for the record, someone told me this week she was embarrassed for me because I watch Hallmark. Let me say, I embrace this problem of mine, I just don't like watching anything too scary before bed. Plus I love Murder She, Wrote and Matlock! Another friend told me today that they were going to have an intervention, and save me from walking around my garden with a toddy after watching Murder She, Wrote at night, since I am not even 30 yet.

Anyway, so all of a sudden a new commercial came on the TV on Thursday night. What was this commercial advertising? Ah, well, it was advertising a new KY Jelly. To be more specific it is called "Yours + Mine". Actually I have been calling it "2 in 1", but I looked it up on the website for this post, its "Yours + Mine." The commercial depicts this couple sitting in their bedroom talking about the product. The girl is holding her tube and he is holding his, and then she says "this one has an awesome sensation for me" and "that one does really cool things for him," she gives him no real chance to talk. Then all of a sudden it shows them under the covers a little while later...if you get what I mean.

I have a real problem with this commercial. If I had children I would have an extreme, big problem with this commercial, how do you explain that? Most of their older commercials have just acted like it was a skin lotion. This commercial takes it a little too far. What do you say? I couldn't imagine being on a date, watching TV, and this commercial coming on. Do you laugh? Do you say "how about the Braves?" Any suggestions, I would appreciate any insight.

The other thing that really got my goat this week, happened today at lunch. I went for a quick study break lunch at a sandwich shop. You order, pay, and then they bring you your food. The people working there came by at least 10 times and asked if we needed anything, specifically a refill. I am not exaggerating on the numbers. By the ninth time I told my friend, if one more comes up and asks I am going to pour what is left on the floor and say "sure I will take that refill now." Maybe it is the studying and stress, but it was annoying. Don't worry I am too nice to actually do something like that, but I thought about it!

Then I turned on this television show about flipping houses. There is a woman who is buying a new house and painting the inside the color that her boyfriend of fifteen years likes, so he will marry her. Does this make any sense to anyone else? She is trying to entice him to move from another state and marry her, by painting the inside of the house colors that he likes. I didn't study psychology but I just don't think this will work. Trust me I have known a lot of girls that would have been painting their places a long time ago, if they thought it would get a guy to propose. What really got me was, that she had gone from a barmaid to a millionaire in a year through flipping houses. She has to be kind of smart?

Maybe I just need to get through these exams and then I want be so annoyed. I am at my apartment, I am not leaving, I will flip the channel if I see the KY commercial, please don't call and ask me if I need a refill, and never fear I am not headed out to buy any paint.

Comments

thebarronfam said…
Good luck with Exams!!!

Popular Posts