I Wasted a Sick Day Being Sick

I had to take a sick day today. This is the first sick day I have taken since I started work. You know what the worst part of taking this sick day was? I was actually sick and I had to go to the doctor. Stunk.

I have been having some health problems lately, but I haven't wanted to go to the doctor. I don't know why I hate it so much, but I hate going to the doctor. I could go and have my teeth cleaned every day but the thought of having to go and put on a hospital gown and sit in the waiting room is too much for me.

However, this morning I woke up and I knew I didn't feel right. But I got dressed, went to work and I still wasn't feeling right. So, I told a friend what was going on and she made me call the doctor. My boss told me to go home and I slept for about two hours as my spoiled little cat curled up beside me. Sidda is the laziest little cat. I think all she does is sleep. Mom tried to tell me to put my TV on Animal Planet so she could watch all the other animals all day. I told her to give it a shot while she was here, but mom couldn't find animal planet and left the channel on Disney. Didn't work - Sidda still just found a place and slept all day.

Anyway, I actually went to the doctor for the first time in a very long time. I took a book for the wait, but it didn't take that long. It was a surprisingly pleasant experience. I didn't have to put on a gown or take off any of my clothes. I am extremely modest so that made me very happy. They had to draw blood but that nurse was awesome and I didn't even really feel anything. She also assured me that she had been doing this for seventeen years and that kind of soothed my fears.

However, have any of you had to do the pee in a cup thing recently? I am not very good with that. As I walked into the bathroom I suddenly turned into my mom and her germ freak thing set in. She is one of those people that will clean the silverware indiscretly at the restaurant. Crazy, but I washed my hands three times while I was in that bathroom. First you have to write your name on your pee - I think that is weird. They put a little marker in the slot in the wall and all I thought about were all the other people who used that same marker. I am guessing most of those people aren't germ freaks and there is no telling if they write their name before or after they fill up their cup. Then my bladder got all shy and didn't want to produce any product. Plus I felt like it was one of those pat your head and rub your belly kind of exercises. Seems like an easier thing for men to do. Finally I willed myself and my bladder into getting this over with and I got some product. Now, I realize this is a disgusting thing to talk about - but if you haven't done this yet, your day will come and this is just to help you be prepared.

I can't report that I am better yet, nor can I report that they know what is wrong with me. But they are working on it and I am confident in their abilities and I should know the results of my tests tomorrow. Lets just hope that they don't have to do more tests. Anyway, I had been saving up my sick day for a day when I was sick of work. I guess it serves me right to waste my sick day actually being sick...

Comments

Anonymous said…
practice makes perfect

Popular Posts