I do have vision

I have always had these random schemes that I want to accomplish. It has been a theme throughout my entire life. I would think of things that I wanted to fix or build and then think about it all the time and talk about it all the time. Sometimes I would even convince my dad to go along with my hair brain schemes. I designed a many Barbie Doll houses, and he would actually build them. (Nothing elaborate). I even had him build me a horse trailer for my Barbie's horses - you know for when they went to horse shows.

In college I became obsessed with the idea of building a boat. I saw this elderly couple driving an old red roundabout on the bay, and then one of the Bond movies featured a roundabout and I just thought they were cool and classy (see picture below). I can't afford to by a ChrisCraft (maybe one day) so I decided I would build one. You can buy plans on this site called Glen-L. I bought the plans but I haven't had the time or space to build it. One day I will!


Knowing that I had this obsession to build a boat, my grandfather gave me this old boat to "fix up". Although my mother thinks differently, the boat will run and it will float, but it is green and needs a new floor. It has been sitting in the barn for a few years now. Several people have offered to buy it, but they think my price is just too much. They have no vision and therefore the boat still belongs to me.


As I was driving to my parents' home today I thought of another great idea. I want to buy an old little camper and fix it up. I think it could be a lot of fun. I could just travel to different places and hook it up. With my dad's carpentry skills, my vision and hard work painting and cleaning, and mother's sewing skills it could be really awesome. I told my dad that tonight and he laughed. I told him I wanted to ride around tomorrow and see if we could find one in someones yard to buy really cheaply. I am thinking something like this:

Honestly, I think with a little work this could be really cool and really cute. If you know someone selling one - please let me know. I mean one of these days one of my visions have to come to fruition. Right?

Comments

Anonymous said…
That boat will float just as soon as you "fix" that hole in the floor! M.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pam said…
Go for it! Build a boat...fix up a camper...make your visions a priority!
Anonymous said…
are you going to pull this "travel dumpling" with the pala?

AA
The Jernigan's said…
You could definitely do the trailer. Dan has said he wanted to do that too. You could fix one up and make it cute. I see your vision!!
Lauren said…
Ben built a duck boat out of plywood! If he can do it, I know you can! I'll get him to send you the plans if you need them. :) And I saw the cutest show on the Travel Channel, I think, where people had these tiny trailers they pulled behind them and they were adorable. I say go for it!

Popular Posts