Shower Heads

I had to travel this past weekend for a wedding. When I drive for long distances, I pay a lot of attention to billboards. As I was heading out of Jackson, I saw one that said "Faithfulness is a sexual pleasure." I was driving to fast to read the rest of the sign. I called a friend of mine and made her drive past the sign to read the rest. Unfortunately, she couldn't read the rest of it, but it is thought provoking.

Then I came across one that was advertising for a well known hotel chain. The sign read "Voted #1 Shower Head." The first thought that popped into my head was - who has time to vote for the hotel with the best shower head? If you have time to sit and think about which hotel chain has the best shower head, please let me know. I can't imagine having that much time on my hands. I think I want your job.

The next thought I had was - when have I ever been staying in a hotel and thought, "wow, this is a really nice shower head." Never. When I stay in a hotel, no matter how nice or how many stars, I really dislike taking a shower. I always try to get in and out and make it quick. The entire time I am thinking to myself - "I wonder how many people have taken a shower in here? How many people have touched this shower curtain? Did the maid clean this shower with Clorox, or did she just try and make it smell clean?"

Think about it, no matter how nice the hotel/motel/resort a lot of people have been in that shower before you. Disgusting isn't it? How could I take the time to notice the shower head when I am thinking about all the people that have gone before me? For this reason, I couldn't tell you any hotel that had a great shower head. Can you? Do you guys notice stuff like that?

My mom told me that hotel remote controls have the most germs of anything else in the room. I would personally think the comforter is probably pretty disgusting, but she always takes the ice bag for the ice bucket and wraps the remote control in it when we are in hotels. She also cleans her silverware at restaurants - so take all of that with a grain of salt.

If I were going to go into the hotel business, I would make my mantra - "we clean our rooms with Clorox, we dry clean our comforters after every stay, and we change our shower curtains after every stay." Now, you may be thinking - wow, you would loose a lot of money, but think about all the extra business I would get from germaphobics. I personally think it is a great idea - then maybe one day it would make sense that people would take time to notice the shower heads, because they wouldn't be worried about the germs!

Comments

Jenny said…
Katie - I am not sure that you would save that much money, because I just don't think that there are as many germophobes as you are predicting!! I have actually never thought about how many people have taken a shower in that shower. Thanks!
Anonymous said…
Oh, and how disgusting are the drinking glasses that have probably been rinsed and merely turned back down on the little paper coasters? YUK!
Emily Chappell said…
You are the funniest person I know.

I hate the comforters, too.
Anonymous said…
I hate to say this, but in some areas ~~~ You are your Mother's daugther!! The Purell Queen . . . WC said he liked the shower head at the Winfrey the other week-end, so Monk noticed shower heads!!! OM

Popular Posts