Mom Says "bye bye Mississippi"

My parents came to visit this weekend. It was a lot of fun. However, Sidda and Mom came out of this weekend not feeling so hot. On Friday, Sidda got "fixed". Mom took her for me because I couldn't face it. In fact, my dad told me that I was not going to do well when I have "sick children." He is probably right. So, Mom dropped her off and headed back to my apartment. When she was walking up to the apartment she slipped and fell, spilled her tea, busted her knee and just plain hurt herself. She has bruises all over her arms and back. All weekend she was banged up.

On Saturday morning we picked up Sidda, who was obviously not feeling well. She and mom just bummed around with each other all weekend. In fact, Sidda has decided that she likes mom - it was up in the air. AND I think Mom might actually likes Sidda as well. I guess they bonded through their "pain." We made it through Sunday with no real problems. Dad left and made it back with no problems. We called and ordered a pizza for dinner - I thought the troubles were behind us.

Mom decided to stay Monday and head back Tuesday morning. So, Monday afternoon about 4:00 p.m., I get this frantic phone call from her - she had a wreck. I called 911 and finally got them to send a police man. Don't worry - it was a fender bender and there isn't a lot of damage. In fact, not much at all. But it really shook Mom up... Oh and while we were waiting for him to write the police report he says "you are going to have to wait a minute, we have a bank alarm going off over there." He drove over to the bank in the same parking lot to see if there was a BANK ROBBERY. Luckily, it was a false alarm.

I was sure the trouble was over, but this morning I got another call at work. This time Sidda had escaped and Mom was chasing her around the building. Mom went on someone else's patio trying to get her, chased her through the grass and stepped in dog doo, and finally caught her. She was about to cry again. Long story short - Mom has decided that she is never coming back to Mississippi again. And she thinks this is all a sign for me to move. I don't know about it being a "sign", but I am glad you came to visit! I assure you, my next state will have better roads...

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am glad to be in Alabama. The only good thing have to say about Mississippi right now is GO BULLDOGS!

Popular Posts