Sidda Update

I thought some of you would like to see what Sidda has been doing. This is a picture of what happens when I don't make my bed. See, days like today when I know I am going to change my sheets - I don't make up my bed. Then I come home and find Sidda snuggled up between the sheets with her head on the pillow. This is her "you just woke me up" look.

As most of you know, Sidda came to live with me while I was studying for the bar. At that time she was a tiny little kitten and she would sleep on my chest while I read and studied. If she wasn't on my chest she was sleeping on my books. I think that is why she is so smart - she soaked up all the knowledge. Anyway, at night when I start to read my book she thinks that means she should sleep on top of me. Normally I have my book in the other hand reading. However, just as soon as I stop reading - she hops up and is ready to roam around and play.

Don't worry, I haven't become that crazy "cat lady" or anything. Although I did flip through a book about "philosophy and your cat".... it was a little weird. I started psychoanalyzing myself based upon the actions of my cat. Maybe that is the authors' ruse - make these people think they are crazy based on their cat, and then maybe they will search out the famed cat psychologist. I would like to say - it didn't work buddy, I caught on to your little game.

BUT I must admit - I have become a proud pet owner. Sidda can catch. Yes, you read that right...she can catch. I have witnesses. I told my Dad that she could catch and he totally didn't believe me. Then, I took her to my parents' house for Christmas and he saw her do it! I throw the toy in the air and she jumps about a foot off the ground and catches it in her paws and mouth. It is amazing!

I still don't understand the "cat crazy hour." If you don't have a cat, let me explain. About nine o'clock at night (it may be another time of day, but that is Sidda's crazy hour) cats go nuts. They run around in circles and literally just go crazy. There are all sorts of explanations for this, but I have stopped trying to figure it out and I am just going with it. Honestly, I wish humans could have a "crazy hour" once a day. I almost had one last week standing in the middle of the bookstore. I literally almost started screaming and running around the store- for no good reason. How awesome would it be to allow yourself to give into those feelings? You could just look at people and say - this is my crazy hour. Ahh...to be a cat...

Comments

Robin said…
Some of us have that hour ! Thats how we know it is 5 o,clock and time for a little cat nip !!
Anonymous said…
Robin, I love you!!

Popular Posts