2009 Calendar

I love having a wall calendar over my desk at home. This started when I first went to law school and now I can't seem to function without one. Anyway, the problem is finding an appropriate calendar, since it will be hanging in my room for an entire year. Last year my mom found this really cute calendar with different advice each month and I really enjoyed it. So, today I decided to go to the store and find a new calendar - in hopes of finding a "great" replacement.

Have you been calendar shopping recently? What an overwhelming experience it is. There are cats, dogs, puppies, trees, sailboats, islands, beaches, railroads, trains, boats, frogs, various countries, etc. These all seemed rather generic to me and I was afraid that I would get bored after a couple of months.

Then I came across, "Extreme Ironing". I like to iron, but this takes it to a new level. In fact there was another lady there looking for a calendar at the same time. I held up the ironing calendar and said "can you believe this?" Seriously, check out the pictures they are canoeing and ironing at the same time. How is that possible? I also found TWO "ferret" calendars - I had no idea that people liked ferrets that much.

After much searching I finally decided on a random calendar for the "Mind, Body, and Spirit in 2009." Each month has different things that you are supposed to "work on." This month I am supposed to evaluate the "fullness and emptiness of my life" - in particular is my job fulfilling me. I am thinking of writing the company and saying "in these economic times I think I should be thankful to have a job that fulfills my need to eat." But maybe that is just me.

Oh, and I am supposed to be "practicing attracting new energy." I don't think that means that I should start drinking Red Bull or anything. It says I should try reacting in different ways to any given situation. For instance, if I usually jump right in to a task, this month I should take time before I start on the task. Get it? And my "project" this month is to "create inner space" - in my mind. I am supposed to evaluate "the extra things in my mind and see if I can do without them" - like extra furniture in a room.

I will let you know how this all works out for me. Just reading it and thinking about it all seems slightly overwhelming. Actually, the more I think about all of this, I realize the "extreme ironing calendar" might have been just as inspirational...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Extreme Ironing?? That's why they invented Village Cleaners. . . . WC got a calendar with Boxer puppies to hang in the office & a daily Fox sports trivia calendar for his desk. He was a happy camper! OM
Lydia said…
Oh, I think you should have bought the Extreme Ironing calendar! I HATE to iron, but even I wouldn't get tired of looking at those pics...wow! Happy New Year to you!

Popular Posts