My Love Basket

So this morning one of my friends gave me a basket full of goodies in preparation for the bar. I was sooo excited. On the front she made a sign that said "Katie's Love Tank" and then it had a little dial that said E and F (you can see it there to your left), and the arrow was pointed at the full. I am not sure if you have read my post about "The Love Tank" and how I am not a tank, but it is from the book The Five Love Languages. Apparently it is a great book, I haven't read it, the idea of considering myself as a tank is kind of silly but I plan on reading it. Actually, one of my friends makes couple's read it when she does her pre-marital counseling before she will marry them. She informed us this morning that now they make one for children "The Five Love Languages of Children," I guess if you have children you might want to read it. Anyway, I was so excited about my basket/tank, I just had to take a picture for you all to see. (And now I put the sign on my refrigerator.)

Okay - so what was in my basket? Well, some Coke Zeros (I love them), Trail Mix (also love), Popcorn, Mike and Ike's, breakfast bars, Animal Crakers, some Chef Boyardee, Ritz Cracker's (which remind me of that movie "Regarding Henry"), and a can of Beans and Wieners! Also, I got another package today from Anna, besides candy, she sent me some much needed pens, and index cards. I am sure that sounds unfun to most people, but I have already put them to use! Oh and a Subway gift certificate - which is awesome because they have great $5 meals if you are looking for a bargain!!!! Oh and she added lip gloss, I guess in case a see a cute boy during the exam!

Also, for the record Sidda really does not like me doing all of this studying. She will come and just lie down on any book that I am reading. Sometimes I will open another book I am not using to try and fake her out. She will lie on it for a little while, but she isn't dumb and it doesn't take her long to figure out that isn't working. I am told that she just wants my attention. Luckily this weekend she really got into watching the British Open, she "don't need no Tiger". Seriously, she was so engrossed in watching it I had to take a picture. My mom told me that she just liked the grass and the people because she never gets to see either, but I like to think she just really likes golf.....

Oh and...I added some new music, and you may be wondering why I added music in Spanish. Well, let me just tell you something about myself, I have this crazy notion that if I listen to music in Spanish enough I will learn the language. I bet you think I am kidding...but I am not. I listen to the Celiz Cruz "Guantanamero" in my car a lot. I can sing the words, but I have no idea what they mean. For some reason that song puts me in a great mood, and this one restaurant in town has a Mariachi Band and I paid them to play "Guantanamero" for me on my birthday....Hope you enjoy.

Comments

Dona said…
Ok- first I wanted to let you know that we will be praying for you about the BAR. Second,the basket is a great idea- but you didn't tell us what all was in it- I would really like to know- strange, I know, but I love gifts that have little gifts in them. And third- can you post some pictures of those past costumes? With 4 cildren a $10 costume that I can do at home is perfect!!!!! After the BAR do a post on the costumes with pictures and directions PLEASE!!!!!!-
dona stickler
Katie B said…
Dona -
After the bar I will for sure do a post on the costumes. Not a problem. Thanks for the prayers!

Popular Posts