Just a Quick Update

Let me begin this post by explaining that I have never had a pet before. Well, we had cats that lived outside, and a dog when I was small, but this pet inside business is way new for me. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Sidda, its just some things that she does are kinda freaking me out. So basically this post is to ask all of you if this is normal.

First of all, no matter what room I am in she has to be in that same room. If I just leave my desk for one second and go to the kitchen, she follows me. And what is funny to me is while I am sitting studying at my desk, she is usually under the desk asleep or playing with something. So, even if she is asleep and I get up and leave she will wake up and follow me?

Also, her litter box is beside my potty. Every time I go to the bathroom, she goes to the bathroom. I think I have told you all about this before, but it has continued. My friend Tim thinks this is very strange, I keep telling him she is very human like. She also sleeps in my bathroom at night and she still sleeps in my dirty clothes. However, she gets up about six forty-five in the morning and I can hear her playing, but she never meows. I really think she likes having her own room.

Then when I get in the shower in the mornings, she sits on the ledge and watches me shower. This has me totally freaked out. My mom thinks this is weird as well. I started locking her out of the bathroom when I shower, but I forgot this morning and she scared me silly. Is this normal? Oh and when I brush my teeth and dry my hair she will climb up my leg in order for me to hold her. She just sits on the side of my arm and calmly watches me try to accomplish these things one handed.

I have bought her lots of toys. I just bought her this pop up tunnel that is a smaller version of the kids toy. She thinks it is wonderful, but not wonderful enough to play in the den while I am at my desk. However, I think she really does like it. She runs and gets inside of it when I get mad with her, which some days is a lot. This past week she has had some behavioral issues, I think because I have been gone most of the day. I think, she thinks I changed her name to "no" and "stop." We had a little talk and she has been a much sweeter kitty the last two days.
I told mother today that I have found a new vet for her. See when I took her the first time, the people were not very nice and she was wild when I brought her home. I was worried, so I have done some investigating and found a new vet. I am going to take her next week. I am not sure why mom thought this was funny, if she didn't like her doctor she wouldn't go back!!!! My parents just aren't pet people.
Anyway, I am adjusting to this new life style. I am not quite ready to live with another human, but the kitten has really helped me to think about that step. Although I have developed an eye twitch this week, I thought it might be allergies from Sidda. But apparently it is from stress and lack of sleep. So from the world of bar studying, eye twitching...Sidda and I hope you are all well!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Katie, Katie, Katie ~~~ she loves you, she wants to be with you. WC calls Baylor my shadow. I cannot move w/o him being right up under me. WC says he knows exactly where I am, b/c Baylor is there, it makes no difference if it is in the shower, kitchen, wherever, he's two ft away. S'times if I turn around quickly I will fall over him. If I go outside he watches from the window or waits @ the door. Now Amber is almost as bad. Spouses are anchored to the remote!! Love you OM
thebarronfam said…
So glad you have a new friend.
Alexis had a cat that would climb on the edge of the tub while she showered and drink the water. So, maybe it is a cat thing. I am sticking to dogs myself!
Kelsey said…
I don't know much about normal cat behavior. I do, however, love the makeover you gave your page!

Popular Posts