Trial by Fire

I am sure you all think I have fallen off the face of the Earth. The truth is I have been very busy at work. I wish I could tell you everything that happens at my job, but there is this little thing called "confidentiality" and I take it pretty seriously.

I do have one story I can share. Last week we had some prisoners here to plead guilty or be sentenced. Three of them were ladies and they were in all shackled up in a holding place. Well, a man walked into the Circuit Clerk's Office and asked to see one of them. He didn't know her last name, but he knew she was going to be here today. So, one of the Clerk's asked him why he wanted to see her. He pulled out a ring and said they had met on the internet and he wanted to propose. I am not making this up. He said he knew she would be here so he bought a ring and came on down there to propose. They told him she was in shackles and they couldn't let him back there.

Then another day last week some people were mad about a judgment over in Chancery Court, so they waited outside and shot at the other peoples' vehicle. When I say shot, I mean with a gun. Someone told me this job was trial by fire, and he was right!

Oh, and the other funny thing is that the people I work with think I sound like a Yankee. If you know me, you will think this is hilarious. In fact, last week one of them said, "you sound like you are from up North." And I said, "that is funny because everyone I have ever met said that I have a VERY southern accent." And she said, "well, everyone around here thinks you sound like a Yankee, but I am the only one that will tell you."

Comments

Lauren said…
OMG the last story is hilarious. Katie B, the Yankee! I've got to meet these people and hear what they sound like!
Lydia said…
Katie, what part of MS are you living? I can't believe you've been dubbed a yankee!! That is sooo funny!
Anonymous said…
If you keep snuff under your wang, you ain't no yankee!

Popular Posts