Ride Sally Ride

I have been under the weather today. In fact, I had to stay home from work because I felt icky and had some fever. I felt so icky this morning, I didn't realize I had fever until on up in the day. I am feeling better tonight, but I am so disturbed by Sidda's new behavior. Usually, she follows me around like a little puppy dog. She follows me from room to room. Today, she disappeared for hours. I looked everywhere for her. She was not in any of her usual hiding/sleeping places. Finally, I found her this afternoon - she was on top of the shelving in my closet. She has only gotten down to eat and to go use the bathroom and then she went right back to that spot. I am hoping this is a phase, I miss her company.

Not sure if you guys know that I love to sing "Mustang Sally." It started in high school, and I can't seem to stop. There are some wedding bands that actually know me - not kidding. I tried to stop but people kept making me sing. Now, just because I sing this song does not mean that I can sing. In fact, someone once told me that singing that song was not my "best talent." Nonetheless, it has continued.

Anyway, because I sing this song so much, many people will call me at all hours of the night to let me know they are listening to the song being played. Sometimes I answer the phone and just hear really loud commotion in a bar and I realize the band must be playing "Mustang Sally." I am not exaggerating when I tell you this usually happens about once a month. I personally think it is kind of funny, and it never annoys me. A couple of times this has happened while I was visiting my parents. Upon hanging up from one such call, my mom said, "why didn't you say anything?" I said, "well, it was just someone in a bar listening to the band play Mustang Sally." Her understanding of this scenario was not my understanding of this scenario. She some how thinks my singing of this song in public is going to come back and ruin any political career I may or may not have. (I think we all know this blog has in and of itself ruined any political aspirations I may have had at any point in my life.)

All of that to say, tonight I received the most interesting "Mustang Sally" reference ever. A friend of mine is in New York and sent me this picture:

I absolutely LOVE IT! Just wanted to share it with you! Ride on Sally!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love it --- That should have perked your day up ~~~ Amber does the same thing as Sidda. She will try out a new place every once and a while. I figure since she can't move the furniture, that is her way of changing things !! Love you OM
Lauren said…
Feel better! I hate being sick. The swine flu is going around! I always think about you when I hear Mustang Sally. I have not ever had the urge to call you in the middle of the night about it, though!
Jenny said…
You know I will always call you when I hear Mustang Sally! It was not the same at Keating's wedding when you weren't there to get on stage! Sorry you aren't feeling well...and Lullabelle does that as well. Right now her favorite spot is our dirty clothes waiting to be dry cleaned. Love you much!

Popular Posts