In the Spirit

Well, the Christmas season, with all of the parties and gatherings, has begun. Things started out this year with the my church's Advent Lessons and Carols service on Sunday. I love how the church is slowly decorated in anticipation of Christmas, and the twelve days of Christmas which follow. For me, this service was such a wonderful time of reflection. It isn't that I wasn't paying attention to the music, but I feel like the music is a journey.

Of course then I arrive to work on Monday, to find an eight page memo/sign up sheet for the "Courthouse Christmas Party Lunch." It mainly consists of a chart describing who works in what department. I felt as though I were on an episode of "The Office." Anyway, I can't decide if I should sign up for the "Vegetables and Casseroles," "Desserts," or "Miscellaneous." I think having a "miscellaneous" category is risky, but that is just me.

Mrs. S. and I are going to the "Singing Christmas Tree" again this year. However, her granddaughter and great-grandson will be tagging along. I think it should be fun. Mrs. S. also let me know that I will be going with her to her Sunday school Christmas party. She said that I would quickly "determine the ones that I like." It should be interesting... The Judge said she wants to "show me off." He thinks he is funny.

I have to tell you one other funny thing that happened to me recently. I have been having some issues with some problems under my arm. So, I finally went to the doctor today. I saw a nurse practitioner who I have never seen before. She appeared to be in her sixties. As she was reading my chart she said, "where do you live?" I told her I kinda live in a couple of places right now. She said, "how are you so mobile?" I said, "I am single." She laughed and said, "well, I understand. I am widowed now, and I am much more mobile." I said, "I guess it is a perk." She wasn't to sure what to think of me.

She then gave me all of my instructions, the major one being that I can't shave under my arm for a little while. I told her that felt very odd, but I would adhere to the instruction. Anyway, for the next week or so I am going to have one European underarm. Hey, I might even take on an accent - who knows...


I will leave you with a picture of my godchild - she is beautiful, I know. She knows my name is Katie, but if you try and get her to say it she just looks at me and laughs - I am not worried about this, yet.





Comments

Lauren said…
Hey, at least your underarm problem is happening in the middle of winter. A nice turtleneck or sweater will hide that European armpit quite nicely!
Anonymous said…
Good point, Lauren. Katie, Elle is beautiful. I,too, know that she knows who you are. One day soon she will be speed dialing you. Babies grow much too quickly!

Popular Posts