New Recipe

Garden and Gun is my very favorite magazine. If you visit their website, you can join their email list and they will email you interesting articles every week. Not so long ago the email contained a recipe for boiled peanut hummus. One of my friends forwarded me the link later in the day and said "you have to make this."

So, last night I gave it a whirl. Here is the link. Now, I am sure at some point I have had boiled peanuts out of a can, but I can't remember. (My Dad was a peanut farmer for most of my life.) This weekend, Dad actually made some boiled peanuts, so I used the real thing. Also, I didn't have any cayenne pepper (Mom spread it all in my yard to prevent the neighborhood dog's from going to the bathroom on my lawn), nor did I have any cumin. Thus, I substituted chili powder and curry powder. It turned out delicious. Give it a whirl, you will not be disappointed.

Comments

Lauren said…
Oh. My. Goodness. Boiled peanut hummus? I just died. Ben and I will have to make it this fall. But we will definitely boil our own peanuts...if we can get some raw ones up here. Canned boiled peanuts are disgusting.

Popular Posts