Healthy Habits

I realize I have been missing in action for a while. I have found it very hard to figure out what to write. You see, I called and read Granny every blog before I posted them. It just doesn't seem right to post without her approval.

And honestly, the topics I have wanted to cover over the last few months would be controversial to most people. I have been confronted with a lot of racism over the last month. Frankly, I have met all of these people who label themselves "devout Christians", and they have a laundry list of sins that they judge others in accordance with. Yet, they are racist. I can't quite figure out how that squares? How can one have a hierarchy of sin that they have made in their own mind, or their denomination or church has decided, is most important sin to avoid, but harbor hate for groups of people that do not look, sound, and act as they do? I certainly do not remember Jesus avoiding those deemed "unworthy" by society...another blog for another day.

You see, this really hasn't been my year. While I was home with Granny during the last week of her life, someone burglarized my home. Granny's funeral was on Saturday, March 26, 2011. I am not sure if any of you remember, but about three years ago, Granny called me to her home and had me write out the plans for her funeral. She also asked me to give her eulogy. In fact, I blogged about it here. Obviously, I posted the eulogy back in March, which you are welcome to read.

Anyway, I drove home the Sunday after the funeral to find I had been robbed. The robber took my T.V., laptop, jewelry. They even picked up my forks and left them in another drawer - and they drank my orange juice and left it in a hall closet. I have not really told people until now, simply because it was too much to process.

So, I keep trucking along this faith journey of life. I do wish heaven had a telephone...wouldn't it make it easier to loose those we love? I am also quite certain that Granny is still present and influencing people. In fact, the snack machine at work recently started putting stickers on snacks that are "healthy habits." A day or so after they put the stickers on, I went down to buy some breakfast. Low and behold this is what I found:









Who knew a Moonpie was a "healthy habit?"

Comments

Lauren said…
I'm so sorry your home was burglarized. What an awful thing to come home to after your Granny's funeral. I also have a hard time with some "devout Christians" and hypocrisy. What effect do you think they have on those who are on the fence regarding Christianity? They're no doing us any favors, are they?
Rachel said…
i am with ya. glad you are blogging! can't wait to read!

Popular Posts