Birthday Surprise

So, tomorrow is my birthday. I am going to be the big 2-8. I am getting closer to thirty. I can't actually hit the numbers key for thirty. For some reason 28 has really been weighing on me. Maybe it is because my ten year high school reunion is this year?

Anyway, I have been planning to down play this birthday. I think some of my friends and I are gonig to the opening night of the Mississippi Braves, which will be fun. But I just have no desire for an extravaganza. However, I got a surprise birthday cake last night!

Mrs. S was asked to make two pineapple/coconut cakes for a party this weekend. Since the cake is one that you serve cold and almost frozen, we made it on Monday night. Well, she made it and I basically watched. I just happened to say, "this is like my favorite kind of cake." And she said, "what kind is that?" And I said, "an ice cream cake." I didn't think any more about it. Then after dinner last night she called me into the kitchen and she had made me an ice cream cake and it had a candle in it! I was sooo excited.

I asked her to let me take a picture of it, but she was embarrassed by the way it looked. Apparently, the top layer slid to the side when she put it in the freezer, but I didn't notice! I thought it was beautiful! It truly has made my birthday!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yeah for Mrs. S ~~ I'm not sure if she has blessed you more, or if you have blessed her more !! Isn't it amazing what God does without our help :-)) ?? Love you OM Happy B'day
Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday, my child.
Jenny said…
How sweet! I can't even imagine making an ice cream cake! How do you even start? Hope you had wonderful day...!

Popular Posts