FaLaLaLa

And we find ourselves in the middle of the Advent/Christmas Season again... Why do I always feel like a scrooge every year? I have watched every Hallmark and Lifetime FaLaLaLa Christmas Movie ever made. PLUS this year I have added ABCFamily to my holiday movie rotation. You would think I would be in the spirit.

Yesterday I went shopping with two friends. They kept saying, "why aren't you buying anything?" I thought about it and the truth is I only have to buy a present for my mom and dad. (except I do buy presents for some friends.) I don't have brothers and sisters. Therefore, I don't have nieces and nephews, and my extended family doesn't really do the gift exchange thing. So, I have no one to buy for. They are both married, and have siblings and nieces and nephews on both sides of their families and they have lots of presents to buy. If you are like that, and have lots of folks to buy for - be thankful, I think it would make this time more fun.

So, instead of buying presents I have been watching the holiday movies. I have noticed a couple of things. First, who knew Santa had kids? I have seen at least three or four movies in which the story line is getting Santa's stray kids back to get them to take over Christmas. I think this story line has been done every way possible. I am hoping for something new next year. I have also seen several movies in which the elves go nuts. Who can blame them? They have to do all the work.

Oh, and the other thing is that every movie is basically a love story. Many of them have one of the characters breaking up with someone not long after they become engaged. The scenario is this: two characters will have been dating for a while when the movie begins, or they will meet in the beginning of the movie. Then, another character comes into the scene and is a perfect match for one of the characters in the afore mentioned relationship. It always ends with one relationship ending and the other beginning. The movie never focuses on the person who is broken up with, and many of those people have nothing really wrong with them. Okay, one guy wanted to build a strip mall at the North Pole, but is that really THAT horrible of a quality?

Also, I really feel bad about mentioning this last point, but the truth is most of the acting in these movies is horrible. I mean really bad. Maybe the writing is just really terrible and cheesey, but the acting is not that stellar. I am sure the cheese factor probably has a part to do with their attitudes about the role. I guess that is just the nature of holiday movies.

I think Sidda has had enough. She retreated to the closet this afternoon, but she has now reemerged to enjoy tonight's special. And you can bet that even though all of these movies are completely predictable, I will continue to watch until Christmas arrives. So, FaLaLaLa to you and yours...

Comments

Anna said…
you can always buy something for me or Elle if you are looking for someone to buy for:) We're not picky. haha
Jenny said…
Did you watch the Christmas Shoes? I could not stop watching even though the story/acting was so bad. Really Rob Lowe?

Popular Posts