Christmas Wish List

I think I must be getting old. I only say that because a friend of mine laughed at my Christmas wish, and then she told me I had reached a new low. Well, I am not ashamed of the things I am asking for. So, I am going to tell you my list (just in case you feel ashamed of your own. And also to make sure Santa knows exactly what I want. :)). Here goes:

1) First and foremost, I would like some Isotoner slippers. You can laugh all you want, but I have hardwood floors and they are hard on your feet. Plus, it has been cold lately and I feel this would be an appropriate gift in the "need" category.

2) I would like the new Susan Boyle CD. I had to Google her to remember her name, but I think she is awesome. I do not watch reality T.V. (except Mrs. S and I watched Dancing With the Stars) and couldn't tell you who is own American Idol, nor any of those other shows. BUT, this lady really has some talent and I feel like I should support her - she too lived alone with her cat for many years. I also feel this is a rather inexpensive gift for the "want" category.

3) I really would like a new casserole dish. Especially one with the lid you can pop down over it to put in the refrigerator. I had one, but it somehow got thrown away in my move. I feel this is a "need/want" gift.

I also would like a new television. However, that is really sort of an impractical gift this year. Anyway, for the time being that is it - I will keep the right to open the list back up for more items later.

Oh, and tomorrow we are having Christmas Lunch At The Courthouse. Everyone has to bring a dish. I am taking a Caramel Pie. (Easy recipe - boil two cans of sweetened condensed milk for three hours. Let cool for one hour. Pour into a graham cracker crust and let it sit in the fridge for 8 hours.) I am not sure what to expect tomorrow. They keep talking about all of these people they have invited - this might be a big affair. We have this huge meal - in the courtroom. It should be interesting. I haven't said much about my job, because I really can't say that much. However, I have decided I need to blog about aspects of it - keep on the watch out.

Comments

Popular Posts