The Cat Lady

So....I dressed as the Cat Lady. Let me back up a minute and tell you about my entire Halloween Day. Last weekend I went to visit my parents and I left my entire make-up bag at their house. Now, much to the dismay of many of you, especially my Mother, I DO wear make-up. AND it has been driving me crazy all week to not be able to wear make-up. I asked Mom one day last week to mail me the make-up, but she informed me yesterday that she forgot to mail it. Next week we are going to be in session and there will be lots of people at the Courthouse, so I had to go buy make-up yesterday.

In the past, I have gone to the make-up counter in the mall, or my Mom or Anna have gone with me to help pick out colors. I have never picked it out by myself, but I had to venture out on my own. I couldn't see spending that much money on a little make-up to get me through the week. So, I just went to my favorite store, Walgreens. It is much harder to figure out what to buy when there is no one explaining what everything is. I finally just grabbed some powder, blush, eye shadow and mascara and left.
When I got to the car I decided to go ahead and try it out. The powder was not as nice as what I already own, and the blush was okay. I figured this might be the case, but I had to have something. BUT THEN when I tried out the eyeshadow, I almost flipped out. On the surface it looked just like regular old eye shadow, but once I put the brush to it I realized it had glitter in it. How embarrassing! I calmed down and decided I could live with it, and went on with the process. However, when I put the mascara on I realized it was BLUE, ROYAL BLUE.

I called my mother because I was in such a state. How was I supposed to know the freaking eye shadow had glitter in it? She gave me this speech about how I don't pay attention and just rush around, and then she had the nerve to say "it probably said on the package that it was glitter." Like I don't read? I read the entire package to her and the only thing that may have been some indication was the part that said "eye enhancer." Apparently, I am supposed to know that eye enhancer means "glitter." Have I missed the beauty boat? Glitter is glitter, and they need to say, this eye shadow contains "glitter."

And what about blue mascara? Who knew they made royal blue mascara? Of course mom reiterated her earlier accusation about me not reading the box and she asked, "why did you think there were so many different choices of mascara?" Well, I thought because they had different brush styles available, not because of color choices. Duh! Needless to say, the make-up did look great with my costume, but glitter kept falling in my eye today during church which is problematic.

Oh and did I tell you I have never had trick-or-treaters before? I grew up on a farm and no one ever came to our house. This was a totally new experience for me. It was fun! The first group of children were so excited to see the cat. I picked Sidda up and brought her to the door. Sidda usually loves people but she didn't like them. She hissed at them! After which one little girl said, "I am outta here." Another little girl saw all of Sidda's toys and said, "you must have a baby up in there or something." I didn't try to explain to her they were Sidda's toys, I felt a little foolish. But it did make my costume that much more special.
Here it is:
As you can see - I didn't attach the cat to my leg. I just carried a stuffed cat in my purse. I made the sales guy at Toys-r-Us help me pick out which cat looked the most like a cat. (Some of the stuffed animals look like a uni-animal.) I think the costume was a hit. I didn't really know most of the people at the party I went to. The ones I did know thought it was hilarious. I am not sure if the other people got it. I don't even think some of them got their own costumes. One guy was dressed as Rambo and his girlfriend/wife was dressed as a hippy. She carried a sign that said "make love, not war." My friend Brandon and I thought it was hilarious. But then the guy started talking to us and he said, "man, see I am dressed as a army man, and she is dressed as a hippy - her sign says 'make love, not war.' Get it?" Yes buddy, and now it isn't that funny anymore. I have to tell you - even though I didn't know these people, they had some great great costumes, and most of them were homemade. You know I love a good homemade costume. I have to give them props. And DJ Java provided some great dance music.

So, another Halloween is in the books. But I am already planning for next year. I think I am going to make my house look like this awesomeness:








Comments

Lauren said…
My question when I see a house like this is, "Where do they keep all that crap when it's NOT Halloween!?" I can only imagine what they do for Christmas!
meredith said…
No, there's a house in Dothan on North Park that goes ALL OUT for Halloween. And when I say, all out, I mean ALL OUT! They have blow up things and stuff all in the yard on their porch. Last year, they forgot to take their ghosts down and they stayed up all year!

~Meredith
Anonymous said…
For all you blog readers, Katie major flipped out over the make-up thing! This calls for ANNA Rescue! The Mom.
Lydia said…
You are too funny! So is your real makeup back in your possession now??
Kelsey said…
Love the shirt, Katie Anne!

Popular Posts