Like a cat with nine lives.....

I have not blogged in months. I don't have an excuse except that this year has been eventful. In fact, tonight as I was driving back home from the Thanksgiving trip to Alabama, I started thinking about all the bad things that have happened this year. From Granny's crazy accident which led to her death; to my car blowing up and dying; my house being burglarized; to someone leaving a crazy message written on my porch; then a job change and what not. I must admit, thinking about all of this, combined with the Holiday season without Granny, my soul has really been looking forward to 2012.


For months, I have been skipping ahead to 2012 and telling myself it is going to be a "great year." I am turning 30 and I really think great things are in store. I just want to skip through this first holiday season without Granny. I know all of you understand what it is like when you lose someone and all your traditions will never be the same. I was lamenting this sentiment to my Aunt over Thanksgiving and she said Granny would want us to make new traditions...but I am not quite ready.





So, during my drive, I was day dreaming about the year to come, when I heard this woman preaching on the radio. Actually I was vaguely listening, when I suddenly I heard her say, "you are unstoppable in the Holy Spirit, you are like a cat, with nine lives." After I stopped laughing, I started thinking that she actually has a point.





I have stopped blogging because it made me sad. And I am not looking forward to the holidays because it makes me sad. I can't give all this up, I need to be like a cat and bounce back. So, that is what I am going to do. Honestly, Granny wouldn't want us to give up because she isn't here! So, my goal is to blog every day during Advent.

And quite frankly, I haven't really given thanks for all the good things that have happened this year. I have met some cool new people, and I did a 5k (whoop whoop), and I have done some serious discerning about life. So, even though my editor is not longer here, I know I should start blogging again! You all will have to keep me to it....just remind me that I am a cat......I am strong in the Holy Spirit!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Your editor would expect nothing less. So glad you have worked through this and are back!!!
Lydia said…
YAY! Glad to see you back! You've been missed.
Rebecca Beers said…
Yay! Glad that good preaching in Selma got you going!!
Lauren said…
Welcome back! I want to hear about the crazy message on your porch! WEIRD. You've been missed so keep the blogs coming!
Jenny said…
I'm so happy you are back, and know how long it takes to get through a loss. I love reading your blog, but would love more to catch up with you on the phone!! Miss you friend!
Anonymous said…
thankful you are back:)

Popular Posts