Goings on

Wow, it has been a long time! I have been so busy with work. I told the Judge today, "we have actually had to work the last few weeks." He said, "I know. That is so wrong isn't it." Anyway, I haven't been able to blog. Here is what I have been doing:

First, I went to my ten year high school reunion. Blast from the past. It really was fun getting to talk to people I haven't seen in a while. Even with facebook, I had no clue what some people were doing and some of them had children that I didn't know about! Go figure. I have no pictures to share. (I really need to invest in a digital camera. I just really love film.)

Second, we had the "Bradshaw Family Throwdown." My Dad's immediate family is so large that we had to pick a random day in the summer to have a family gathering, in order for every one to be able to come. Too many of them have to go to in-laws at holidays, so this seemed to be a great compromise. Thus, every first weekend in August we have a huge cooking competition, with games, and a water slide for the kids. The judges for the cooking competition are "outsiders" who are brought in to keep things fair. This year my mom and my cousin Jenny tied for the overall winner. My cousin John decided that ties were for wusses and thus decided they had to have an "eat off". Mom lost, but Dad said he would buy her an apron anyway. (My mom is not known to be a great cook. In fact, she is usually pretty terrible. But, she actually made three great recipes, and they tasted good. My Dad is trying to encourage her to keep cooking.) Here are some pictures:

This is my grandmother with four of her five children.





This is my grandmother with ten of her eleven grandchildren. (I look pretty terrible.)





This is my grandmother with twenty-four of her twenty-five great-grandchildren. (She calls them her little "devils.")





This is the giant slide, and in this picture is the great-grandchild missing from the picture above. He did not want to get off of the slide, and who can blame him?




Mom trying to eat the ice cream cake with no hands.





She did an awesome job, but she did get sick! (The Bachelor Pad has nothing on this.)




Third, last weekend was Bright Lights, Belhaven Nights, a street party in Jackson. As I was standing with some friends this girl walks up and says, "I am writing an article for the "Best Dressed" and I would like to take y'alls picture." All three of us said, "is this a joke?" She assured us that this was for real, and then we gave her a lecture about how we were lawyers and if she published us as the worst dressed, then we would come after her. She wasn't kidding and you can see the article here. I think this is so funny. My Mom DID NOT BELIEVE ME. I tend not to care that much about what I wear. In fact, it was supposed to rain that evening. I just threw on some shorts I bought about five years ago, and a button up. Nonetheless, I was scooped.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Glad you are back. Susan won a cooking contest? That is random.
Katie B said…
I know. Dad is really trying to encourage her to keep cooking. However, I think he secretly likes being the cook because he keeps telling me, "now I did help her."

Popular Posts