Prayers Needed

I know many of you know that I stay a couple of nights a week with an older couple here in the city where I work. Mr. S has had Alzheimer's for several years now but he still lived at home and Mrs. S took care of him. This morning their granddaughter called to tell me that Mrs. S had to take Mr. S to the hospital because he was dehydrated.

I called Mrs. S to see if I could bring her some lunch and she said "no, but now you just go on in the house tonight if we aren't home. There is some meatloaf in the fridge and some instant mashed potatoes, you just find yourself something to eat." I planned to go up there anyway at lunch and take her some lunch and check on them! In the meantime their granddaughter called back to let me know Mr. S had taken a turn for the worst.

I hurried to the hospital and went in to see her. I sat with her for about five minutes before the sweet doctor came in to say Mr. S had passed away. I feel so blessed to have made it to the hospital in time to be there for her.

Althought - I almost had a "come to Jesus" with the administrative lady from the hospital that was in the room. She kept trying to make conversation and asking Mrs. S if she knew this person or that person. I wanted to take her outside and say, "lady, her husband just died and she doesn't give a shit about your relatives that she might know." But I didn't - I guess you can call that my What Would Jesus Do moment for the day.

Anyway, all that to say that I would appreciate all your prayers for this sweet family at this time.

Comments

Lauren said…
Awwww Katie, I'm so sorry to hear that! It breaks my heart. I'm so glad you were able to be at the hospital with Mrs. S. God placed you with these sweet people for a very good reason!
alissa said…
I'm so sorry, Katie. They are in my thoughts and prayers.
Anonymous said…
God does place special people in special places at specific times.

Popular Posts