I'm Back!

Well, I disappeared for a while. I feel like I have been here there and everywhere, and the truth is, I have. Sunday night I finally was home alone, in my own home, in my own bed, and it was wonderful! I told Granny that I am a little worried about ever getting married because I like living alone so much. She said, "well when you get married, 9 times out of 10 they do live with you."

Do you feel like times flies? I feel like Lent started last week, but I realized yesterday that Easter is in two weeks. Part of this is work. Work is so interesting. Yesterday I had to help people who have been arrested fill out Petitions for a court appointed attorney. One man said his job was to do yard work and he made one hundred dollars a month. When asked what his monthly expenses were he said, "oh, well my girlfriend pays for everything." I wanted to ask him where he found that girlfriend, because I need a boyfriend that pays for everything!

Another lady had five children and she was younger than me! I asked one lady what she was charged with and she said, "I don't know." I said, "what do you mean you don't know?" And she said, "well, they didn't tell me." I said, "so do you remember what you were doing at the time you were arrested?" And she finally said, "okay, it might have been for possession."

I asked one guy, "so who paid your bail?" He said, "my baby's momma, my spouse." Then later he said he wasn't married. And I said, "but she is your spouse?" And he said, "yes!" Last time I help do this I asked several people, "so are you employed?" And they said, "no?" And I said, "so you don't have a job?" And they said, "oh, I have a job, but I am not employed."

Some of them make me sad. One lady told me her family had disowned her - no matter what she did I can't help but feel sorry for her. So many people who are in trouble have absolutely no one with them when they come to court. I can't help but think that there is a correlation between people who do not have a support system and people who are in trouble. Obviously that is not always the case, but there are so many people without people there to support them that you can't help but think this.

I guess my point of this post is to remind you that most of us have so much to be grateful for. Sometimes we forget how much we have to be thankful for, because we get so bogged down in trivial problems. But take a moment to be thankful!

Comments

Lauren said…
Good to see you back!
Anonymous said…
welcome back!!!

Popular Posts