You - Outta the gene pool.

Sorry for the week of no update. It was a really long week for me, and I had meetings with my students every night - after work. I was just exhausted by the time I got home!

Anyway, I had a visit this weekend from four of my friends. For the last three and a half years they have said "we are coming to visit." But they finally came - all at once! But it was a blast. My little one bedroom apartment was turned into a sleeping porch of some sort. One of my friends brought the most amazing blow up mattress...ever. The thing was on stilts, and it had its' own suitcase. I can't quite figure out why anyone would spend money on something like that, but it was awesome!

My friends arrived about 10p.m. on Friday night and we played Wii and other games until the wee hours of the morning. I am sure my neighbors were going crazy. I thought they were out of town, but they weren't. I never make noise anyway, so one weekend will not hurt them. Anyway, when they arrived they had a nice surprise for me. They had stopped in a gas station and bought all of us t-shirts that matched our personalities. We then had to wear the t-shirts all night. Oh, mine said "you aren't the boss of me, my cat is." (Apparently, they have been calling me "cat lady" behind my back.) Here is a picture of my shirt:

Saturday morning I cooked breakfast and we played another round of Balderdash. Make fun, but that game is quite fun. Then we went to Julep for drinks and appetizers! We ate pizza and then ended the night at this place near my apartment to listen to a band. (I am withholding the name) It is the most interesting "establishment" I have ever been to in my life - well, except for The Florabama. It is inappropriate for me to discuss the people in that place on this blog. Some of my friends here in Jackson met us out and it was fun!

All in all, it was a fun weekend. Thanks for coming to visit: "You - outta the gene pool", "Wanted: meaningful overnight relationship," "I have multiple personalities, and none of them like you," and "Do I look like a freakin' people person?".

Comments

Robin said…
Wish I could have been a fly on the wall..Sounds like you all had a great time. Friends are the BEST..
Anonymous said…
sounds like some Bradshaw Family Throwdown kind of t-shirts.
Anonymous said…
Are you still there? We miss you.

Popular Posts