And so it begins....

After spending a week at a preaching conference in Virginia, I have finally made it to camp. Actually, the preaching conference felt a bit like "preaching camp." I got to hang out with Episcopal seminarians from other Episcopal seminaries - it was a blast. The workshops were really good, but the worship was extremely joyful. And the scenery was amazing...




And then I packed up and headed to camp. Mom had gone to the store to buy my "supplies." She insisted I needed a first aid kit. I didn't know they made so many different anti-bacterial and anti-itch creams. There is also an anti-itch spray - I am not feeling so confident about that product. I tried to be brave today on my tour. I was bitten by something, but I had forgotten about it by the time the tour ended.

I brought my bike with me. I looked pretty "sporty" with the bike on the back of the car. But, when I tried to ride it to the lodge last night, I crashed going down hill. I jumped up and looked around as though someone may have seen what happened. Certainly, any false sense of "sportiness" left me in that moment. I would like to tell you that the brakes failed, that is what I told myself last night. However, it seems they are working  perfectly fine today.




Never fear though, I at least have the shoes to make me look legit. I bought them at a store in Monteagle. This really cute boy convinced me that these were the ones I needed. I did get a great deal, mainly because they are a Youth Size 4. But, I think they are "cooler" than my "hospital" shoes.




Let us just hope they invoke the same bravery of purchase when I have to climb up a three story tower and slide down a rope......until then.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ernestine Goes To Camp.....hearts and minds of little ones will be forever changed. Blessings on your mission. YM
Rebecca Beers said…
DEFINITELY cooler than your hospital shoes. I know you will be awesome, and I know you will survive!! Love you Bradshaw!!

Popular Posts